X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bionicfanboy66
    Career Member
    • Jul 30, 2012

RIP, Tim O'Conner

it's been reported that actor Tim O'Connor best known for his roles in Peyton Place and as Doctor Elias Huer in 'Buck Rogers In the 25th Century' passed away on April 5th at the age of 90. Condolences go out to his family.
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

I heard this today as well. sad news, but 90 is a good long life. RIP!

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

An actor who looked older than he was, and you could always count on him to shine in a supporting part. He had a sort of gravelly yet warm, distinctive voice. I recall him first as Dr. Huer (I loved that show), but he was also in ST:TNG, Ssssss, Wonder Woman (great role as Andros in season 1) and Columbo.

RIP sir.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I find it so interesting that he was only 50 when he did Buck Rogers. I would have pegged him for much older.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

He was very important to the feel of that show. His character takes a back seat to Buck, Wilma, and Twiki, but he had an awesome voice and sincerity that made him the perfect straight man for Buck's 20th Century antics. RIP.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I always liked seeing him show up on any show. Great character actor. His Wonder Woman episodes were standouts of the series.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
              Mego Museum's Poster Girl
              • Apr 3, 2007

RIP Tim. Thank you for Buck Rogers.
              "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
              'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
              Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
              If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                Permanent Member
                • Sep 15, 2014

Yeah Andros was in all three seasons of WW. Tim played him in season 1 & 3. Season two used Dack Rambo as Andros for whatever reason.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

O'Connor played a different character in WW season 3, a military officer. I think Rambo was playing O'Connor's son, which I thought was weird because I'd assumed the aliens were long-lived/immortal.
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hobub
                    Ghost of a Dead Indian
                    • Jun 18, 2001

I saw him in a cool episode of Gunsmoke a few years back on Encore Westerns with a young boy who grew up to be Wyatt Earp.

Posting it here if anyone cares to watch.

RIP

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

Just watched him as "the body" on a Columbo episode the other day.

RIP

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                        Permanent Member
                        • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Just watched him as "the body" on a Columbo episode the other day.

RIP
                        He was in "Double Shock" with Martin Landau and Julie Newmar.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

And also "Old Fashioned Murder" with Joyce van Patten. I really like that one.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎