Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

How have I missed this thread! This is incredible!

I'll wait as long as it takes.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

What properties does AGE still own? Just Dragonflyz? Doesn't Hasbro also own Visionaries now?
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
        Persistent Member
        • Jun 22, 2011

I am very excited to hear Mego is returning. I only hope it involves 8 inch Marvel, Planet of the Apes and Star Trek. There are other properties I would like to see them tackle but there still needs to be reissues and additions to those three yet.

Comment

• TrekStar
          Trek or Treat
          • Jan 20, 2011

Wonder if they will add vehicles and playsets to the list?

Comment

• hedrap
            Permanent Member
            • Feb 10, 2009

Originally posted by palitoy
            I think you may have some bad information there. Spoke to his son a while back, pretty sure it's sold.
            OK...it looks like Takara bought some rights back. Did not know that. So that must be how Hasbro ended up with Micronauts. I thought it was still sub-licensed by Abrams. And Bruckheimer bailed years ago, too. wow. I really passed on micronauts ip.

...maybe there is hope for a Marvel line. It would take a guy like Abrams to get Hasbro to negotiate and after the RA/Matty/DC/FTC blindside, I got to believe Doc would stay in pursuit.
            Last edited by hedrap; Apr 20, '18, 9:11 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

Honestly, the only things that could get me excited are Mego getting the Marvel license for 8" figures and/or the announcement of new bandless bodies, including a new female bandless body. I like the Type S body, but there is a jutting hip issue with them. And a new, better bandless female body would have me junking most of, if not all of, my FTC female bodies.

Star Trek TOS would be interesting, but what's left besides the two females that EMCE Toys and DST never made? Would repros we already got from EMCEE & DST really sell? TNG would be interesting, but Mego for me was also DC and Marvel.

Oh, Pocket Heroes would get me excited, but it seems that scale for DC is tied up with Funko.

Ah, it's all speculation right now anyway!...

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Werewolf
                Ha, yeah, I agree.

For licensed stuff, I'd love some Dungeons and Dragons and Silverhawks figures.
                I highly doubt Hasbro (who owns Wizards of the Coast who makes D&D) would license anything D&D out to another toy maker unless it's somethingthey have no interest in producing themselves (like the miniatures for the game which they ended up losing money on making and licensed out to Wizkids).

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                  Often invisible
                  • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  Love Boat figures but in 8".
                  How did you guess?!? I just finished the Isaac Washington sculpt!

BTW that was a joke incase anyone was confused.
                  Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                    galactic yo-yo
                    • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by TRDouble
                    Honestly, the only things that could get me excited are Mego getting the Marvel license for 8" figures and/or the announcement of new bandless bodies, including a new female bandless body. I like the Type S body, but there is a jutting hip issue with them. And a new, better bandless female body would have me junking most of, if not all of, my FTC female bodies.

Star Trek TOS would be interesting, but what's left besides the two females that EMCE Toys and DST never made? Would repros we already got from EMCEE & DST really sell? TNG would be interesting, but Mego for me was also DC and Marvel.

Oh, Pocket Heroes would get me excited, but it seems that scale for DC is tied up with Funko.

Ah, it's all speculation right now anyway!...

Another round of Star Trek would sell. I'm sure they could do various Klingons. Most here would like another shot at the Romulan or Sulu or Chekov. Don't think we got the Red Shirts either.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by MRP
                      I highly doubt Hasbro (who owns Wizards of the Coast who makes D&D) would license anything D&D
                      I think there is very, very little chance as well. Same with Silverhawks. It's just a wish list.
                      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        How did you guess?!? I just finished the Isaac Washington sculpt!
                        I hope he has rooted hair!

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

while 8" scale would be nice, do you really think it would sell at mass merchandise level? the RA line failed. okay there were issues with the bodies and distribution, but really we are a niche group of collectors

Comment

• Brown Bear
                            Still Old School
                            • Feb 14, 2008

Are we finally getting that Grease line they promised along with the car?
                            Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Timothy2251
                              Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                              • Mar 15, 2008

I'm hoping they bring back the Action Stallion.... it's a must if Doc and Marty plan on my long hoped for, tongue planted firmly in cheek, F-Troop line!
                              "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• JediJaida
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 14, 2008

Do you think that there is any room for a Game of Thrones line in 8 inches? It's a hot property right now.
                                JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎