Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I swear I had no idea that was Starfire until I read the post here. That's just sad.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• MRP
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 19, 2016

It certainly looks like a swing and a miss. I'll wait and see the trailer to see what it looks like in motion before making a final decision (I've seen horrible set pics that turned out ok on the screen before and gorgeous set pics that failed miserably on the screen before too, so I never make a final decision based on set pics), but I certainly have no excitement or anticipation for this based on those pics.

-M
      "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• MRP
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 19, 2016

And I get not liking the set pics, but some folks have taken it a bit too far...

https://www.cbr.com/titans-anna-diop...tion&view=list

The actress playing Starfire, Ann Diop, reacted to some of the extreme hate reactions to the pics on her instagram account...

To the ‘Titans’ fans:
        Yesterday a photo of me on set leaked online. And it was unfortunate because fans have been waiting MONTHS for a photo of ‘Starfire’ and a sloppy (��) photo of me on a curb in 15 degree weather is what they got instead �� For the sake of our incredible fans - I hated that this is the first picture people are seeing. It’s out of context and it’s a misrepresentation of the incredible character I get to play. And also a misrepresentation of the phenomenal production behind it all.
        With that said - the hate speech that followed was deplorable. And though I am highly unbothered ���� I do want to use this as an opportunity to say that tearing people down is not something that I tolerate. For myself or anyone else. Too often social media is abused by some who find refuge in the anonymity and detachment it provides: misused as a tool to harass, abuse, and spew hatred at others. This is weak, sad, and a direct reflection of the abuser.

Racist, derogatory, and/or cruel comments have nothing to do with the person on the receiving end of that abuse. And because I know this - I’m unfazed But for anyone out there who may not - I am here to remind you that whatever ugly and negative thing anyone ever chooses to say about you is always a reflection and revelation of themselves- it does NOT define you, and it certainly does NOT make you any less perfect than you are - Be you! Stay beautiful! Live breezy As always,
        Much love ��
        -M
        "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Mego Milk
          Custom Mego Maker
          • Jun 3, 2007

aawwwwgghh.

Comment

• The Bat
            Batman Fanatic
            • Jul 14, 2002

The part I don't get is...they got Robin so RIGHT!! And then what happened?
            sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

And I get not liking the set pics, but some folks have taken it a bit too far...

The actress playing Starfire, Ann Diop, reacted to some of the extreme hate reactions to the pics on her instagram account...

To the ‘Titans’ fans:
              Yesterday a photo of me on set leaked online. And it was unfortunate because fans have been waiting MONTHS for a photo of ‘Starfire’ and a sloppy (��) photo of me on a curb in 15 degree weather is what they got instead �� For the sake of our incredible fans - I hated that this is the first picture people are seeing. It’s out of context and it’s a misrepresentation of the incredible character I get to play. And also a misrepresentation of the phenomenal production behind it all.
              With that said - the hate speech that followed was deplorable. And though I am highly unbothered ���� I do want to use this as an opportunity to say that tearing people down is not something that I tolerate. For myself or anyone else. Too often social media is abused by some who find refuge in the anonymity and detachment it provides: misused as a tool to harass, abuse, and spew hatred at others. This is weak, sad, and a direct reflection of the abuser.

Racist, derogatory, and/or cruel comments have nothing to do with the person on the receiving end of that abuse. And because I know this - I’m unfazed But for anyone out there who may not - I am here to remind you that whatever ugly and negative thing anyone ever chooses to say about you is always a reflection and revelation of themselves- it does NOT define you, and it certainly does NOT make you any less perfect than you are - Be you! Stay beautiful! Live breezy As always,
              Much love ��
              Very well said by her. And yes, there is a line that is crossed when you go from saying "this looks bad" to spouting racial slurs, which is indeed deplorable, no matter what the subject is.

As far as I know there are no golden/orange skinned people to cast as Starfire, so any Earthly skin color is as good as the next for the closest approximation.

But honestly, these productions, like Shazam before it, should know...if you are going to film outside of a closed set...release those studio photos FIRST. Leaks are GOING TO HAPPEN. Why derail your production with bad word of mouth when you can cut these junior paparazzis off with a few released photos? I don't get it.
              sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

As far as I know there are no golden/orange skinned people to cast as Starfire, so any Earthly skin color is as good as the next for the closest approximation.
                Bingo!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

I have no issue with the Anna Diop playing Starfire, it’s the potentially crappy costuming and neon magenta hair that irk me. If cosplayers on tight budgets can get it even close to right, how can a production with at least six or seven digits to play with get it that wrong?
                  sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                    I would say you have not been hanging out on any of the half dozen or so beaches where the rich and unimportant like to sun themselves into a lifetime of cancer treatments while the rest of us bust our asses to be able to afford watching shows like this.

CCC.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Yeah, there's the orange Oompa-Loompa spray crowd, and the tanning bed bunch, sure. I guess Starfire's powers are solar based, so...

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• kept back
                        Persistent Member
                        • Aug 2, 2002

If they were shooting "day for night," then every of this footage will be filtered in some way. Hopefully this pushes DC/WB to release some official pics sooner rather than later.
                        Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• danadoll
                          Micronaut Nut!
                          • Apr 11, 2005

Maybe Starfire is out on the town in this photo and that dress is not her costume? Just a dress. I hate that Raven's hair is dyed blue, though...I'd prefer it be black and it would have been nice if they had cast somebody of Middle Eastern or East Indian ethnicity to portray her. She always seemed somewhat exotic to me.

Those so-called fans who are lobbing racist and sexist slurs at Starfire actress, Anna Diop, are awful human beings.

Dana
                          Last edited by danadoll; Apr 15, '18, 6:48 AM.
                          "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• kept back
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 2, 2002

download (1).jpg

So, this is Robin and Hawk & Dove from the same series. I'm not terribly worried about a couple of snapped photos during production.
                            Of all the souls I have encountered his was the most...human.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

I like Hawk and Dove. And please tell me they will all get to fight Mad Mod at some point, Malcolm McDowall could still play him.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                                Made in the USA
                                • May 2, 2003

OYE...I think DC/Warner needs to pick a continuity and commit to it instead of trying to please everyone by 'blending' various Titan formats.

Robin, Hawk, & Dove look on point, but hopin', beyond hope, that they can spin whatever magic they got up their sleeves to correct the first impression of Changeling, Raven, & Starfire cause I ain't feelin' it at all.
                                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎