Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: eBay 1099 Tax Forms

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tjacwave50 View Post
    It depends on your state laws....well I'm screwed, since Massachusetts is the biggest tax blood sucking state in the union,
    I thought we threw the tea overboard because we weren't going to pay high taxes anymore?
    I called PayPal when I got the form and they said they were getting a lot of calls from VT and Mass.

Images
    Another question is, does this taxing any paypal transactions also include paypal transactions here in the marketplace?
    because ebay is just a site you buy and sell items, with paypal being the fastest and easiest way to pay, it's the same here
    we just avoid paying ebay fees.

Using ebay you pay ebay fees for selling, but paypal is a seperate thing, so I guess what I'm trying to say is, no matter what site you use, if you receive payments thru paypal, you'll get taxed. Does this mean that the seller will no longer use paypal and only except, cash-check of money orders to avoid paying taxes?
    Any payment for good and services where they take a fee is counted, only gift/friends and family don't count.

As a seller I'm starting to get away from taking PayPal and going back to the old days of checks and money orders. Between the cost of filling the bainess forms for self employment and what I owed the Fed it cost me about $400
    Last edited by Mego Magyar; Apr 13, '18 at 10:04 PM.

It depends on your state laws....well I'm screwed, since Massachusetts is the biggest tax blood sucking state in the union,
    I thought we threw the tea overboard because we weren't going to pay high taxes anymore?
    I hear ya, but try Connecticut

Quote Originally Posted by Mego Magyar View Post
    Any payment for good and services where they take a fee is counted, only gift/friends and family don't count.

As a seller I'm starting to get away from taking PayPal and going back to the old days of checks and money orders. Between the cost of filling the bainess forms for self employment and what I owed the Fed it cost me about $400
    I may be wrong but I always thought that Ebay requires sellers to accept some form of electronic payment?