X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

FTC Silver Swan

Honestly, aside from a really sloppy job on the eyelashes, the head sculpt is surprisingly nice! No lantern jaw. The eyes and face are symmetrical. And she even has a chin!

One of the worst FTC female bodies I've gotten. The body refuses to stay aligned.

Like the WW figure, there are already some signs of leg melt from the boots interacting with the legs and the costume is loose in the crotch but all in all, not a bad figure.

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

The best figure of the three you have posted (thanks for that, BTW!).

Glad I got her (not so much on Wonder Woman though...)

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

This one's a keeper IMO, thanks for sharing the details. I'll replace the rubber boots.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• tllgn
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 6, 2010

i bought two silver swans ,very nice good job FTC

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          This one's a keeper IMO, thanks for sharing the details. I'll replace the rubber boots.
          Yep. I'll be switching out the boots on her and WW. And doing repaints on both Diana and WW. And if the repaints don't help, then they get IG heads with new paints.

Really, really liking Silver Swan's head sculpt though. Kudos FTC! The more I look at it, the more impressed I am with the execution. So sad that WW turned out needing so much after market work.

Comment

• darkbros
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 3, 2012

Silver Swan for the WIN! the rest will all be PegWarmers.....
            At least when the other three don't sell, we will have their parts available on CTVT in 6 months....
            Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
            https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• Ivaniski
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 24, 2007

Can Silver Swan's head piece be removed? that particular head will make a great female custom.
              Last edited by Ivaniski; Apr 13, '18, 2:38 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                Talkative Member
                • Jun 14, 2008

She doesn't look too terrible. It's just that her neck hole is too far forward, although not as much as the Wonder Woman head.

WW's sculpt isn't bad, it was just executed in a bad way; neck hole too far forward, and sloppy paint job on the eyes.

SS has a bit of a sloppy job, but at least she doesn't look like a stroke victim.
                JediJaida

Comment

• darkbros
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 3, 2012

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                  Can Silver Swan's head piece be removed? that particular head will make a great female custom.
                  In Picture two above that looks like a bad glue job on the headpiece ( it appears to bubble out along the side).
                  So possibly yes it can be removed?
                  Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                  https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                  "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• jacoblb
                    Persistent Member
                    • May 7, 2009

...waitaminute, is it possible the sculpt is the same with WW and the only difference is the hair color, rooting, neck hole, and paint app?

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by darkbros
                      In Picture two above that looks like a bad glue job on the headpiece ( it appears to bubble out along the side).
                      So possibly yes it can be removed?
                      Looks sculpted on, see the rooted hair on the side view right into it. Also you can see where the white paint ends and its cast in flesh tone. If they repurpose the head for anything it might be Blackfire
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by jacoblb
                        ...waitaminute, is it possible the sculpt is the same with WW and the only difference is the hair color, rooting, neck hole, and paint app?
                        It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Isn't the whole head another version of the IG head, but with different hair and pain?
                        JediJaida

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                          Isn't the whole head another version of the IG head, but with different hair and pain?
                          It doesn't seem to me to be an IG dupe, unless extensively reworked.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• TRDouble
                            Permanent Member
                            • Jul 10, 2012

I just opened both Wonder Woman and Silver Swan. Let me address Silver Swan...

First, this is a new head sculpt with the the head piece being part of the sculpt. The sculpt is similar to Wonder Woman's, but the only way they are the same sculpt, sans sculpt headpiece on SS, is if WW's head came out the mold badly (which it may have). But the head shape and lips are completely different; nose does look the same though. Overall good paint apps though.

The costume is nice (I like the screened print for the mid section) and still gives me hope for a puffy sleeve Supergirl somewhere down the line. The clear headband kept the hair in good shape, although it is a mess below and down the back.

The body isn't bad either. Not strung too tight and is poseable, although I worry about the seams in the legs splitting.

Not much else to say. Nice figure, well done by FTC. Simple looking, until you look at the wings and the overall tailor work on the suit and realize all of the thought that went into making Silver Swan and how it all worked (unlike the great attempts, but final result issues of figures like Captain Boomerang, where less would have been better).

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Ivaniski
                              It cannot. It's part of the headsculpt.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎