Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FTC Silver Swan

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkbros View Post
    In Picture two above that looks like a bad glue job on the headpiece ( it appears to bubble out along the side).
    So possibly yes it can be removed?
    Looks sculpted on, see the rooted hair on the side view right into it. Also you can see where the white paint ends and its cast in flesh tone. If they repurpose the head for anything it might be Blackfire
    Planet Earth is Blue

Images
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacoblb View Post
    ...waitaminute, is it possible the sculpt is the same with WW and the only difference is the hair color, rooting, neck hole, and paint app?
    It wouldn't surprise me a bit. Isn't the whole head another version of the IG head, but with different hair and pain?
    JediJaida

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    Isn't the whole head another version of the IG head, but with different hair and pain?
    It doesn't seem to me to be an IG dupe, unless extensively reworked.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

I just opened both Wonder Woman and Silver Swan. Let me address Silver Swan...

First, this is a new head sculpt with the the head piece being part of the sculpt. The sculpt is similar to Wonder Woman's, but the only way they are the same sculpt, sans sculpt headpiece on SS, is if WW's head came out the mold badly (which it may have). But the head shape and lips are completely different; nose does look the same though. Overall good paint apps though.

The costume is nice (I like the screened print for the mid section) and still gives me hope for a puffy sleeve Supergirl somewhere down the line. The clear headband kept the hair in good shape, although it is a mess below and down the back.

The body isn't bad either. Not strung too tight and is poseable, although I worry about the seams in the legs splitting.

Not much else to say. Nice figure, well done by FTC. Simple looking, until you look at the wings and the overall tailor work on the suit and realize all of the thought that went into making Silver Swan and how it all worked (unlike the great attempts, but final result issues of figures like Captain Boomerang, where less would have been better).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaniski View Post
    Can Silver Swan's head piece be removed? that particular head will make a great female custom.
    It cannot. It's part of the headsculpt.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilbrosj66 View Post
    It cannot. It's part of the headsculpt.
    It's a shame...cause I like the Swan head more then the Wonder woman head. They should make the Swan head without head piece for customs (in a perfect world).
    Last edited by Ivaniski; Apr 16, '18 at 4:37 PM.

Images
    I like that head sculpt!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaniski View Post
    It's a shame...cause I like the Swan head more then the Wonder woman head. They should make the Swan head without head piece for customs (in a perfect world).
    Absolutely agree. Honestly, to date, SS has the best original sculpt of ALL of their female figures by far. That face/head, without the cowel, would open up endless custom possibilities.

Images
    Though I REALLY wish they would quit sculpting eyebrows in place. It makes it impossible to repaint them without leaving a forehead ridge where the original paint used to be.