Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rodkeith
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 16, 2008

I'm just going to hold onto the Mattel Wonder Woman for now. The bustier on that is slightly off-model, but so is FTC's, so just not worth getting it even for parts. I really hope they give Wondy another try and put some more effort into it.

However, I do think the Silver Swan and Steve Trevor turned out pretty good.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by rodkeith
      I'm just going to hold onto the Mattel Wonder Woman for now. The bustier on that is slightly off-model, but so is FTC's, so just not worth getting it even for parts. I really hope they give Wondy another try and put some more effort into it.

However, I do think the Silver Swan and Steve Trevor turned out pretty good.
      I agree with you on the SS. One of the best original female sculpts, if not THE best, FTC has EVER done. How they could get her so right and WW so very, very wrong, is beyond my comprehension.

Comment

• kingkongsy
        • Oct 3, 2017

I just don't understand how they went so wrong with this head sculpt?

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by kingkongsy
          I just don't understand how they went so wrong with this head sculpt?
          A general lack of care?
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

It looks to me to be the same head sculpt as the prototype, but it got warped somewhere along the process. Do all of the production figures look like that? It could be the vinyl warped when it was removed from the mold, it could be there was some distortion in the mold.
            That's the worst part of hollow vinyl heads. The production figure ends up with softer detail and/or warped, often they warp where they crush inward, causing the head to look long and thin.
            I wonder if the hair rooting might warm the head as well. I felt like the 8" KISS Alive! heads looked distorted and I blamed it on the rooting, but without seeing the original sculpts for myself, who knows?
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 23, 2012

I find Thunderbolt’s perpetual irreverence a source of ceaseless amusement, and I can’t get enough of it in regards to FTC. I have too much religious guilt to openly criticize FTC, because despite the flaws, I haven’t stalled my conspicuous consumption of these figures. However, little rubber heads with rooted hair have been in production for almost a century. There really is no excuse for such shoddy output. Beautifully rooted hair toys(without a single hair out of place) abound at the drug store and 99¢ shops, whilst FTC is making brand new figures over $30 dollars with collapsed heads and thirsty wig hair. The new Wonder Woman Figure looks more like it’s been flattened for years, festering between a mattress and a boxspring before suddenly being yanked out for shipping. I have to admit, I find it a bit infuriating.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Gramercyplace

There really is no excuse for such shoddy output. Beautifully rooted hair toys(without a single hair out of place) abound at the drug store and 99¢ shops, whilst FTC is making brand new figures over $30 dollars with collapsed heads and thirsty wig hair. The new Wonder Woman Figure looks more like it’s been flattened for years, festering between a mattress and a boxspring before suddenly being yanked out for shipping. I have to admit, I find it a bit infuriating.
                I don't have a dog in the hunt when it comes to this line. I have looked at the pictures of the product and your critique is not only hilarious, but spot on! Hahahahaha

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 4, 2011

I find Thunderbolt’s perpetual irreverence a source of ceaseless amusement, and I can’t get enough of it in regards to FTC. I have too much religious guilt to openly criticize FTC, because despite the flaws, I haven’t stalled my conspicuous consumption of these figures. However, little rubber heads with rooted hair have been in production for almost a century. There really is no excuse for such shoddy output. Beautifully rooted hair toys(without a single hair out of place) abound at the drug store and 99¢ shops, whilst FTC is making brand new figures over $30 dollars with collapsed heads and thirsty wig hair. The new Wonder Woman Figure looks more like it’s been flattened for years, festering between a mattress and a boxspring before suddenly being yanked out for shipping. I have to admit, I find it a bit infuriating.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

I just call it as I see it. When they blow it like they do 75 percent of the time and at 30 bucks a pop, there is no forgiveness. WW is a mess, we all knew the body was going to suck, but the rest of it they should really try to get right. Even if it was a molding issue, it should have been rejected by FTC and not just accepted. It really gives off the impression that they just don't care about the finished product.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mary Canary
                      Career Member
                      • Jun 21, 2017

I am wondering if anyone here knows the people who run FTC. Because they are always featured in the Mego Museum newsletter. And surely they see the constant criticism of their figures both on here and on places like FB. I had no issue with their customer service when I had to get a figure's boot replaced. I just wonder if they've ever publicly addressed the constant quality complaints. Or if they are just like, oh well, people will buy anyway... It may be that they are trying for more "simplistic" sculpts as an attempt to "look retro," but I do have to agree there's something very slapdash about everything they do. Also, I wonder why they choose to create new sculpts vs. reproducing or slightly modifying Mego sculpts to fit characters that were never produced.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by Mary Canary
                        I am wondering if anyone here knows the people who run FTC. Because they are always featured in the Mego Museum newsletter. And surely they see the constant criticism of their figures both on here and on places like FB. I had no issue with their customer service when I had to get a figure's boot replaced. I just wonder if they've ever publicly addressed the constant quality complaints. Or if they are just like, oh well, people will buy anyway... It may be that they are trying for more "simplistic" sculpts as an attempt to "look retro," but I do have to agree there's something very slapdash about everything they do. Also, I wonder why they choose to create new sculpts vs. reproducing or slightly modifying Mego sculpts to fit characters that were never produced.
                        To my knowledge, they have never publicly addressed the issues that are expressed on this forum. I have often wondered why they don't start with, say, the IG head sculpt, and use it as a base to create other heads. It's not rocket science and at least the female heads wouldn't come out looking like angry drag queens.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

Don't forget angry zombie/vampire drag queens. All that's needed is a black pupil added to the eye, and it would be 100% better. How hard could that be?
                          JediJaida

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 22, 2011

Wait, What? Are you telling me this is suppose to be a sculpt of Lynda Carter?!? Seriously? If so, They need to hire a new sculptor and get on their quality control team. I wouldn't buy an invisible jet from that line. very sad FTC.
                            "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

• palitoy
                              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by Capt_Kirk
                              Wait, What? Are you telling me this is suppose to be a sculpt of Lynda Carter?!? Seriously? If so, They need to hire a new sculptor and get on their quality control team. I wouldn't buy an invisible jet from that line. very sad FTC.
                              No, that is just comic book WW. It is not a likeness of Lynda Carter.
                              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Capt_Kirk
                                Career Member
                                • Nov 22, 2011

thank you Jesus!
                                "May fortune favor the foolish"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰