X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lilbrosj66
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 4, 2011

FTC Wonder Woman

I'll let the pics speak for themselves...

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG
  • tllgn
    Persistent Member
    • Feb 6, 2010

always liked Wonder Women ,i have some megos,FTCs,and the mattel figure ,i like her cape ,brilliant colors ,nice new sculpt ,the outfit has some similar design like the mattel outfit ,would have been nice
    if they attached the lasso the same .still like this version good job FTC.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by tllgn
      always liked Wonder Women ,i have some megos,FTCs,and the mattel figure ,i like her cape ,brilliant colors ,nice new sculpt ,the outfit has some similar design like the mattel outfit ,would have been nice
      if they attached the lasso the same .still like this version good job FTC.
      I'm seeing something completely different in the sculpt and the paint apps. Odd shaped head. No chin. Neck post hole too big. Crooked jaw line. Not impressed at all for a figure that is the cornerstone of her own line of figures and who represents one of the most iconic figures in comic book history.

Comment

• Gramercyplace
        Museum Super Collector
        • Jan 23, 2012

The craftsmanship and execution of this figure is a bit wanting. FTC is very selective when it comes to investing energy into the creation of a figure. Certain ones are positively outstanding...whilst others miss the mark. Wonder Woman is one of DC’s trinity, so it’s especially disappointing that they didn’t go full force on this one. A more lovingly crafted head would have been appreciated. Plastic bracelets would have been a nice effort, as would have been an attached golden lasso. Classic Mego tall boots with white stripe paint applications would have been much better received by the consumer base than the rubbery Super Friends boots that nobody appears to favor. I wish they would stop using them altogether. All in all, I give it a 2 out of 5 stars. Points for removable tiara and vivid screen printed suit(although the “W” standard looks wonky).

Comment

• lilbrosj66
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 4, 2011

Her belt is very tight with the velcro barely grabbing in the back. And it is made out of a very, very thin vinyl with an equally thin fabric backer. Not sure the whole idea behind it's execution but I can think of several other ways it could have been done with better results. OVERALL, this figure gets a 1 out of 5 for me.

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Its a mess. Looks like it has a similar sculpting issue to the 66 Batgirl with the bad neck hole placement.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• TRDouble
              Permanent Member
              • Jul 10, 2012

I will know for sure how I feel about this figure tomorrow or Friday when I have it in-hand (and opened), but so far, FTC has come up poorly for two of the anchor DC Comics characters I feel like they needed to nail, that being Wonder Woman and Modern Batman, which was a fail from head to boot toe. At least I feel like they almost got it right with their modern Superman; I just need to remove the ugly belt loops.

I like the Mattel Wonder Woman, but I wish they went with yellow instead of gold.

Comment

• Boywonder0
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 29, 2007

Voting with my wallet... Two please!

Comment

• TRDouble
                  Permanent Member
                  • Jul 10, 2012

Aye Yi Yi! Poor Wonder Woman. That said, it's not the worst figure in the world, but it could have been, SHOULD have been better.

The head is definitely deformed. I don't think it's the head sculpt though; it looks more like it came out of the mold badly, or the mold was not right. Especially when I look at the shape of Silver Swan's head. If you look at WW's head from the bottom, she has a bit of a jaw line on her right, and none on her left side of her face. It's really odd and unfortunate, because if it came out right, it's would have been a nice head sculpt. The eyes are painted fine on mine, but the lips has terrible paint applications, especially when you look at Silver Swan. And the placement of the neck hole is fine; there was just no place else to put it because of the lack of a chin. I think my neck hole is smaller than lilbrosj66 too, because the head fits fine on mine.

The costume is better than I expected. FTC used the Tiara to keep the hair in place instead of a clear plastic wrap and it worked, for the most part. After removing the cape (and noticing the head was not fully pushed onto the body), I popped the head off and put the tiara under the hair. I'm not sure it will stay in place without tightening the elastic, I like the look better. I wish the WW was higher and against the top of the bodice, but it's okay. The clear straps could be more symmetrically attached to the costume (like on lilbrosj66's WW), but it doesn't really hurt the fit of the costume. The connected Star bottoms look nice.

I like the idea of the removable "belt", but it's an odd material mix of vinyl and fabric behind it, and they are attached only at the back where the velcro is, so you can potentially see the fabric rise above the vinyl for a very odd look. Maybe it was done to eliminate the opaque quality of the vinyl material? Not sure if a plastic belt would have been better though. It seems like my belt is a better fit than lilbrosj66's WW belt, as it's a perfect fit and the velcro is easily and fully attached in the back.

The bracelets are cheap vinyl that can slide over the hands. Those could have been better.

I like the Super Friends boots. I think they are too soft, which is a problem since they sculpted a high heel on them, but she stands on her own (despite having a classic hunchback FTC female body) and the boots are not bulky like some of the other Super Friends boots (SF Superman, I am looking at you!).

This definitely falls between the modern Superman (good) and Batman (non-displayable and unfixable) for me. On a shelf, from a little distance, I don't notice the face issues nearly as much as if I am up close and scrutinizing it. The nice thing is, because of all the removable parts, you can easily mod this figure, including jettisoning the head thanks to the removable tiara. I think I will keep her as is (maybe swap bodies, but I got this one standing straight now), but FTC should be knocking out the box the DC Comics Big Guns, and so far, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have all had too many issues with their new versions.

Comment

• danadoll
                    Micronaut Nut!
                    • Apr 11, 2005

That head is pretty deformed and the outfit is ill-fitting. No lasso? Shame on you, FTC!
                    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• TRDouble
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by danadoll
                      That head is pretty deformed and the outfit is ill-fitting. No lasso? Shame on you, FTC!
                      Wonder Woman has a lasso. FTC's sin is that there is no where to attach it to the outfit. The outfit fits well too; not ill fitting at all, at least not on mine.

And let me add, I just looked at the prototypes on FTC's website again, and this is definitely not the prototype head, so something happened between original sculpt and final product. Silver Swan, on the other hand, looks pretty spot on to the prototype. Usually with FTC, with the prototype head sculpt, what you see is what you get; the costumes are usually improved and tightened up. I wonder what happened with the WW head sculpt...

Comment

• kingkongsy
                        • Oct 3, 2017

Wow, this is one the WORST figures I have seen in awhile since the KISS DESTROYER Peter Criss 8 in figure with that horrible head. Luckily I replaced Destroyer Peter with the Alive head instead. This Wonder Woman looks like a complete disaster with a terrible head sculpt that has a serious scale and design problem. What in the world is going on with the chin,lips,mouth and the lower back of the head? Im glad I did not buy this but saddened that this is how they treated this long awaited series.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by kingkongsy
                          Wow, this is one the WORST figures I have seen in awhile since the KISS DESTROYER Peter Criss 8 in figure with that horrible head. Luckily I replaced Destroyer Peter with the Alive head instead. This Wonder Woman looks like a complete disaster with a terrible head sculpt that has a serious scale and design problem. What in the world is going on with the chin,lips,mouth and the lower back of the head? Im glad I did not buy this but saddened that this is how they treated this long awaited series.
                          Considering this is the anchor figure for what is the most prominent female superhero of all time, I completely agree with you. Epic fail on the head sculpt and paints.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Ugh...what a mess....what a shame.
                            Last edited by The Bat; May 3, '18, 5:40 PM. Reason: wrong Icon
                            sigpic

Comment

• jeffbearco
                              Persistent Member
                              • Mar 27, 2011

I would still love to see them redo the Raquel Welch/Invisible Girl head with a new paint app so we could just use that for WW and other figures.

The last one of these heads I got was faded as if it was just old stock. And they eyes were still pale blue with white.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎