X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Makernaut
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by jwyblejr
    Bandai is suppose to have let the cat out of the bag as to why the Falcon looks different in the Solo movie,there's suppose to be a small spaceship in the front. Once it's been removed,it looks like the Falcon we're use to seeing.
    I wonder if that part of the ship being missing from the Falcon we know is related to this:

Han, Han. If only you hadn't had to dump that shipment of spice. I just can't make exceptions. Where would I be if every pilot who smuggled for me dumped their shipment at the first sign of an Imperial starship? It's not good business.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
      HULK SMASH!
      • Apr 3, 2010

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      Bandai is suppose to have let the cat out of the bag as to why the Falcon looks different in the Solo movie,there's suppose to be a small spaceship in the front. Once it's been removed,it looks like the Falcon we're use to seeing.
      Kenner got there first with that idea, even though their "cargo handler" was never produced.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• YoungOnce
        Career Member
        • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
        Kenner got there first with that idea, even though their "cargo handler" was never produced.

Reaffirming why the Mego Museum is such a cool place to come visit. I learn something new every time I come here.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

^Indeed. I had no idea about the Kenner pod!

I think Lego also spoiled this for the new movie. They are kings of spoiling movies, i.e. Giant Man in Civil War.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris

I think Lego also spoiled this for the new movie. They are kings of spoiling movies, i.e. Giant Man in Civil War.

Chris
            Well, from their perspective it's a big commercial that you pay to see....so what're ya' gonna do?

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

The early buzz from last night's premier screening is that it is filled with action and humor and feels like a Star Wars movie. It's not surprising that Glover gets high-marks as Lando and some commenters pointed out that it takes the early part of the film to get used to Ehrenreich as Han, but they did adjust to it and he was believable and had the Solo swagger for a solid performance.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/11/solo...donald-glover/

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Makernaut
                The early buzz from last night's premier screening is that it is filled with action and humor and feels like a Star Wars movie.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/11/solo...donald-glover/
                I'm glad to hear this. I really, really want to like this Star Wars movie.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Solo is the lowest rated Star Wars movie since the prequels. It also has had a soft domestic box office debut...and bombing overseas.

I’m sure it’s still a fun movie, but like I said in my previous post...I’m having a hard time seeing the Harrison Ford persona in that actor.

I can only go see one movie right now...and I’m afraid it’s going to be Deadpool 2 instead.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎