Thread: FTC Batlab questions

FTC Batlab questions... now with pictures

I've had this sitting around in the box for a bit and before I order a Batcycle and Batmobile, I thought I would take a look at this first. I have a few questions (to which I don't think I will like the answers).

First, the small, black plastic bat piece... should that be glued to the grappling hook? Mine was floating around in the box.

Second, my front seat was also floating around, in the van. Should that be a separate piece? I can place it in the van, with the arm rests sitting in the grooves, but if I tilt the van forward, it goes sliding, crashing forward. Should this also have been glued in place?

Finally, there are three sticker sheets, which looks right. But no instructions. Is that right?

I wish I fully opened this when I got it. Way too late to return to the Amazon purchaser I got this from. Even the top was on it crooked and I had to carefully take it off without breaking the tabs. Everything indicated that it was a new, unopened item, but now I question that. At least the Penguin figure is in good shape; one of the best quality fat bodies I have from FTC.
    Last edited by TRDouble; Apr 8, '18 at 12:44 PM.

I don't have the Batlab van, but I do have the Teen Titan one. IIRC, the set up seems similar. There weren't sticker instructions and I had a lot of stickers left over so I made the van how I wanted. I remember other pieces just stored in the van, nothing glued or connected.

Thanks, jacoblb. That makes me feel a bit better about this.

I didnít expect sticker instructions, but with loose pieces, maybe a general instruction sheet on how to put it together for people like myself who have no clue of such things!

Just because I always ask questions about this (and other vehicles) and never see many pictures of them, here are a couple of pictures of my decorated Bat Lab:

FTC Batlab with Penguin 1.jpg

FTC Batlab with Penguin 2.jpg

It's not bad. The rear wheels are tight against the body, but I don't have any plans to get on the floor and play, so I think I'm okay with it!

I still have to put the plastic Bat symbol back on the wrench (not a big deal; I'll never see it anyway) and I might glue the seat in too. The top is a little odd because it snaps on, but not in place; you can still slide it left and right a bit.

I love the sticker options... three pages to do whatever your heart desires to decorate the van! I had to let my inner child fully out to just start putting stickers all over the place (with the adult in me still saying, "that's enough there... don't over do it...").

I really didn't need a Prison Suit Penguin, but hey, what the heck? I may swap the body with my regular Penguin and then find a use for the Prison version.

So, yeah, all in all, not bad. It's something I never had as a kid, so I can't compare the quality to the original. I'm sure kid's would have fun playing with it, and it's a cool display piece. Plus, it's nice to cross off an old childhood want.

Not sure if it will entice me to buy more (I was interested in the Teen Titans van, and The Daily Planet van would be a nice piece for Lois, Jimmy, Perry and Clark), mostly because of the size. But If I had the space, I'd consider them all except the Gotham PD van.

Images
    Are there duplicates of the stickers so one can match each side? This looks good, I had one as a child and the FTC version will a gap in my collection.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 8, '18 at 2:08 PM.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    Are there duplicates of the stickers so one can match each side? This looks good, I had one as a child and the FTC version will a gap in my collection.
    Yes, there are duplicates for most of the stickers if you wish to match each side.

Images
    ^Thank you!
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by TRDouble View Post
    Just because I always ask questions about this (and other vehicles) and never see many pictures of them, here are a couple of pictures of my decorated Bat Lab:

So, yeah, all in all, not bad. It's something I never had as a kid, so I can't compare the quality to the original. I'm sure kid's would have fun playing with it, and it's a cool display piece. Plus, it's nice to cross off an old childhood want.

Not sure if it will entice me to buy more (I was interested in the Teen Titans van, and The Daily Planet van would be a nice piece for Lois, Jimmy, Perry and Clark), mostly because of the size. But If I had the space, I'd consider them all except the Gotham PD van.
    I'm like you, never saw the Batlab outside of Heroes World ads as a kid, but would be great to have now. Looks tasteful the way you've done the stickers (if such an adjective can be applied to stickers). And like you, those three versions are the most intriguing, with the Teen Titans being the ginchiest. My LCS was supposed to get these in through Diamond months ago, but maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and face shipping to Canada.