Thread: 1981 Lone Ranger Catalog by Gabriel Toys

Plaid Stallions 1981 Lone Ranger Catalog by Gabriel Toys

The Lone Ranger was riding high in 1981 thanks to a popular Saturday morning Cartoon series (by my favourite company Filmation) and the promise of a big budget film (that didn't work out so good).

So, Gabriel Toys blasted the toy shelves with two distinct toy lines, a relaunch of their popular 1970s 9" Toy line and a 3 3/4" line so you could have Tonto get a sasparilla in the Creature Cantina!
    Visit THE 1981 Gabriel Toys Lone Ranger Catalog here!For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...

Images
    I like the 81 movie. Still have my childhood toys from it. It's not perfect but still WAY better than the Disney version.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    Had no idea the 9 inch guy made a comeback in 81, cool.

Images
    I was born in 1974, so this is how I was introduced to the 1970s 9 inch line.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Images
    one of my favorites. still have my lone ranger and silver in mailer box even.

Images
    Always hated the 9" line cause the bodies were loose and floppy - even when new
    .................................................. .......................

Images
    I got the 9" hero and horse sets from my grandparents for Christmas that year. I didn't get to see the movie till it came to basic cable, but despite the block of wood that is Klinton Spillsbury (with a dubbed voice), I still appreciate the film's other solid performances, the music (well, the score, the Merle Haggard stuff gets a bit annoying from time to time) and the epic scope. They tried to do a Lone Ranger version of Superman The Movie. It came up short, but it was a noble effort.

I never had any of the 3/34" figures, because I could never find the Lone Ranger himself, but I have a set of the figures now.

Chris
    http://megomuseum.com/community/signaturepics/sigpic22_1.gif

Images
    Gabriel's 3 3/4 inch line was great and I collected all of them. The horses were exceptional.

- Ian
    Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?