X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

1981 Lone Ranger Catalog by Gabriel Toys

The Lone Ranger was riding high in 1981 thanks to a popular Saturday morning Cartoon series (by my favourite company Filmation) and the promise of a big budget film (that didn't work out so good).

So, Gabriel Toys blasted the toy shelves with two distinct toy lines, a relaunch of their popular 1970s 9" Toy line and a 3 3/4" line so you could have Tonto get a sasparilla in the Creature Cantina!
    Visit THE 1981 Gabriel Toys Lone Ranger Catalog here!For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

I like the 81 movie. Still have my childhood toys from it. It's not perfect but still WAY better than the Disney version.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

Had no idea the 9 inch guy made a comeback in 81, cool.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• EmergencyIan
        Museum Paramedic
        • Aug 31, 2005

I was born in 1974, so this is how I was introduced to the 1970s 9 inch line.

- Ian
        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• starsky
          veteran member
          • Aug 26, 2007

one of my favorites. still have my lone ranger and silver in mailer box even.

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Always hated the 9" line cause the bodies were loose and floppy - even when new

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I got the 9" hero and horse sets from my grandparents for Christmas that year. I didn't get to see the movie till it came to basic cable, but despite the block of wood that is Klinton Spillsbury (with a dubbed voice), I still appreciate the film's other solid performances, the music (well, the score, the Merle Haggard stuff gets a bit annoying from time to time) and the epic scope. They tried to do a Lone Ranger version of Superman The Movie. It came up short, but it was a noble effort.

I never had any of the 3/34" figures, because I could never find the Lone Ranger himself, but I have a set of the figures now.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

Gabriel's 3 3/4 inch line was great and I collected all of them. The horses were exceptional.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎