Thread: WGSH Fist-Fighter Hip Elastics - Restore or Replace?

WGSH Fist-Fighter Hip Elastics - Restore or Replace?

Hi There!
    Just picked up a couple of Fist-Fighters and the hip joints are loose. I believe that these have been stored sitting down over the years and have stretched the rubber band out. Anyone know a way to tighten these up, shy of twisting them around and around and around? They seem a bit fragile as 1 of the 2 has a slice in it that's going to go at any moment. Any advice on how to best restore these would be very welcome.
    Thanks in advance!

Hey Megosites,

I've gotten to the place that I need to replace these elastics. Oxidization of elastics and all/no way to repair them. Any suggestions on the best elastic to use? I've got a couple of Dr.Mego elastics on the way with hopes they will be optimal. Next route I'm thinking is getting a couple of Classic TV Toys 8" Fist Fighter bodies and stealing the elastics out of them. Hopefully they have the same mechanics. Anyone have any experience with these?

Thanks so much!

I use little rubber bands that are almost exactly like the originals. I get them as a closure for bagged crickets at the pet store. Same size, but not as wide.

Ya, okay. I was overthinking it, wanting to stay as original parts as possible. These aren't for reselling so I'll fix them up so they stand/sit whatever and carry on. Thanks so much for the input!