Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mattel Retro Action Figures Not Made

Images
    Blog Entries
    Great video, spiffy figures. I'd much rather have had those, than the last Green Lantern Wave.
    WANTED:Grayson SI trousers; Dale Arden dagger; gray AJ Mustang horse; POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top mirrored portion or mirror sticker; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors, walls, bar; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Images
    I would have loved to get the Joker and Robin

Images
    I agree with PNGwynne I think I would have loved to had those instead of all the green lanterns, even though I purchased them all. I too loved the line, thought they were great.

Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 8.10.09 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 8.09.40 PM.jpg

Aaah! Here's some screencaps. Those really would've filled out the line nicely. That Supergirl in particular would've been great. Not to mention, would've expanded our ability to customize blonde characters. So sad these didn't see the light of day.

I was at that show and saw Paul then. Those figures were so sweet. He was kind enough to let me handle them.
    mego's befo ho's

Images
    Wow! Couldn't a great look at those in the video...but that Joker, Robin and Supergirl looked pretty GOOD to me!!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    That's actually a different video than the one I saw, you get a way better look at the figures.
    Thanks for the video post, Z-man.

Yes, agreed, Brian; i had been been looking &looking for that same original YouTube video the past months,& i'm guessing it was deleted. Paul also has a short video of his own Mego cabinet at home with the prototypes on display (although they're not that clear; i think there are 2 Supergirls)...imo, Dr Mego and team are such amazing legends in our community. I can only dream with appreciation for how the Mattel line could have grown.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WkbZ3JpD5E0
    Last edited by comicmike; Apr 4, '18 at 11:28 PM.

I have a bunch of loose one that I can't sell. The bodies are the worst male remegos ever made but the females are better with Brat doll type bodies
    Last edited by wise guy; Apr 5, '18 at 8:01 AM.

The Luke Cage in Dr Mego's cabinet looks pretty sweet. I wonder if that was intended to be part of a marvel retro set.