• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palitoy
    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
    • Jun 16, 2001

What is your favourite Mego Ape toy

Forgot to post this here yesterday.

On the subject of Planet of the Apes, what is your favourite Mego Ape toy? For me, it will always be the "Forbidden Zone Trap" the sight of a post-apocalyptic play set blew my young mind and made me largely unemployable. What say you?

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop
  • Mr.Marion
    Permanent Member
    • Sep 15, 2014

Honestly I've only ever owned Cornelius. I love the first 3 films but never been tempted to collect the line.

If I could own one I would pick a carded Soldier Ape.

Comment

• Brown Bear
      Still Old School
      • Feb 14, 2008

I’d have to go with Zaius. As kids we always called him “King Zaius” instead of Dr.
      I made King Zaius the “king” of wrestling ala King Harley Race and he had quite the feud with Intruder.
      Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Confessional
        Maker & Whatnot
        • Aug 8, 2012

Lucky/spoiled that all four of the Apes playsets are great… but the wild possibilities of the Fortress and Forbidden Zone are spectacular to both by child and adult selves.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Zaius is my favorite figure (and was my first as a child). For playsets, Forbidden Zone. It's just so awesome.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

i always loved the Apes line. never had or even recall knowing about the Forbidden zone. I had the tree house and the rock fortress but sadly neither survived my childhood. I think my fave though was General Urko, helmet version. always loved Burk and Verdon though too

Comment

• batmanmc
              mego batman collector
              • Jun 22, 2004

The tree house then soldier ape figure . Tree house and apes are what started my Mego love

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎