Thread: What is your favourite Mego Ape toy

Blog Entries

Ape What is your favourite Mego Ape toy

Forgot to post this here yesterday.

On the subject of Planet of the Apes, what is your favourite Mego Ape toy? For me, it will always be the "Forbidden Zone Trap" the sight of a post-apocalyptic play set blew my young mind and made me largely unemployable. What say you?

Images
    Honestly I've only ever owned Cornelius. I love the first 3 films but never been tempted to collect the line.

If I could own one I would pick a carded Soldier Ape.

Images
    I’d have to go with Zaius. As kids we always called him “King Zaius” instead of Dr.
    I made King Zaius the “king” of wrestling ala King Harley Race and he had quite the feud with Intruder.

Lucky/spoiled that all four of the Apes playsets are great… but the wild possibilities of the Fortress and Forbidden Zone are spectacular to both by child and adult selves.

Images
    Zaius is my favorite figure (and was my first as a child). For playsets, Forbidden Zone. It's just so awesome.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    i always loved the Apes line. never had or even recall knowing about the Forbidden zone. I had the tree house and the rock fortress but sadly neither survived my childhood. I think my fave though was General Urko, helmet version. always loved Burk and Verdon though too

Images
    The tree house then soldier ape figure . Tree house and apes are what started my Mego love