Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: The Collectible You Didn't See Coming

The Collectible You Didn't See Coming

I'm not really into the One:12 Collective stuff and while I have nothing against the character of Popeye I would never have thought that company would ever make a Popeye figure. Popeye has, seemingly, been off the pop culture radar for quite some time. I recall 15 or so(?)years ago some Popeye figures at Toys R Us that seemed to sell quick but this one item has genuinely surprised me as to it being made.

I believe those Popeye figures were by Mezco, too. I got most of them $5 each in KB bargain bin. They were true to the characters.
    Last edited by ovenmitt; Apr 3, '18 at 7:20 PM.

Images
    I pre-ordered the One:12 Popeye a couple of days ago. It was just funky enough to catch my attention. Plus, it won't be here for a year and a half. Which means I'll forget I ordered it by the time it shows up. ;-)
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Images
    Lol We all must be nostalgic for Popeye, I just posted about him in the FTC Hanna-Barbara thread.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenmitt View Post
    I believe those Popeye figures were by Mezco, too. I got most of them $5 each in KB bargain bin. They were true to the characters.
    I just checked these out in a search, what a fantastic line.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Yep, the old Mezco line was terrific stuff. They've had a love for the character all along, so it's not particularly surprising that they'd do it again...but the more life-like nature of the One:12 figure is somewhat surprising.

I can see it being re-issued with the all white sailor uniform and cap... Sooo awesome!