X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

The Collectible You Didn't See Coming

I'm not really into the One:12 Collective stuff and while I have nothing against the character of Popeye I would never have thought that company would ever make a Popeye figure. Popeye has, seemingly, been off the pop culture radar for quite some time. I recall 15 or so(?)years ago some Popeye figures at Toys R Us that seemed to sell quick but this one item has genuinely surprised me as to it being made.
  • ovenmitt
    Persistent Member
    • May 26, 2009

I believe those Popeye figures were by Mezco, too. I got most of them $5 each in KB bargain bin. They were true to the characters.
    Last edited by ovenmitt; Apr 3, '18, 7:20 PM.

Comment

• boss
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 18, 2003

I pre-ordered the One:12 Popeye a couple of days ago. It was just funky enough to catch my attention. Plus, it won't be here for a year and a half. Which means I'll forget I ordered it by the time it shows up. ;-)
      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

Lol We all must be nostalgic for Popeye, I just posted about him in the FTC Hanna-Barbara thread.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
          Master of Fowl Play
          • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by ovenmitt
          I believe those Popeye figures were by Mezco, too. I got most of them $5 each in KB bargain bin. They were true to the characters.
          I just checked these out in a search, what a fantastic line.
          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• michael crawford
            Museum Super Collector
            • Dec 15, 2008

Yep, the old Mezco line was terrific stuff. They've had a love for the character all along, so it's not particularly surprising that they'd do it again...but the more life-like nature of the One:12 figure is somewhat surprising.

Comment

• Boywonder0
              Persistent Member
              • Dec 29, 2007

I can see it being re-issued with the all white sailor uniform and cap... Sooo awesome!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎