Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shirt Tales are back!

Images

Shirt Tales are back!

This is probably another one of those things that only I remember or care about. That said, they look really nice! I had no idea these were coming back.

https://www.hallmark.com/gifts/stuff...-1KID1061.html
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Images
    I don't recall these at all, I'm thinking of something similar with a moose?
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I remember them but I was out of the age range when these came out. there was a cartoon too wasn't there?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I don't recall these at all, I'm thinking of something similar with a moose?
    I think you are thinking of Get Along Gang.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    I remember them but I was out of the age range when these came out. there was a cartoon too wasn't there?
    Yes, there was a cartoon. I was never into it as much as Strawberry Shortcake but I do think it's super cool another 80s property is coming back.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Blog Entries
    I sort of remember it, I was 11 at the time so I was more interested in what Spider-Man and his amazing friends were up to,

Images
    The first season of Shirt Tales was the best.

Kind of jumped the shark with season 2 when they added the annoying baby kangaroo. She was the Scrappy doo of Shirt Tales.

Images
    Get Along Gang, yes that's it.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I watched the cartoon. The only merchandise I remember was some small stuffed animals that were part of kids' meals from Hardees. Since my dad is a huge Humphrey Bogart fan, I saved him the Bogey one when we got rid of the others (which was 25 years ago).
    Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
    Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Images
    I remember Shirt Tales, but it is hard for me to imagine this property holds much nostalgia. I can totally see getting it confused with the Get Along Gang (or the Monchhichis)... it seems pretty forgettable compared to something like Care Bears or Strawberry Shortcake. But apparently back in July of 2016 they released an exclusive set of Shirt Tales Itty Bittys that sold out in 2 days, so maybe it has a bigger following than I imagine.

Images
    I was looking at the credits for the Saturday Morning Cartoon and saw that Nancy Cartwright was part of the voice cast. That made me remember that when "The Simpsons" came along I recognized her voice (as Bart) from her work on Saturday Morning 'Toons of the past.