Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super 7 Planet of the Apes coming this month ! Yay!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LordMudd
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 22, 2011

I can't get a good link. It is Vitruvian H.A.C.K.S. Mighty Steeds. They are at $138,500 pledged. The Palomino unlocks at $140,000.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

Stopped in Petco today.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

"We're not worthy, we're not worthy, we're not worthy."

CCC.

Comment

• Riderfan
          Megos are cool
          • Feb 14, 2012

Aquarium plants are a nice touch. I was thinking some model railroad scenery stuff but plastic plants seems more appropriate.

I'm guessing that's King Kong?
          I've come here to chew bubblegum & kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum

(Rowdy Roddy Piper in 'They Live' 1988)

Comment

• LordMudd
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 22, 2011

Nope, "giant ape" from Animal Planet playset.

CCC.

Comment

• Riderfan
              Megos are cool
              • Feb 14, 2012

Which play set you got? The one I'm looking at has an elephant, not an ape

Comment

• LordMudd
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 22, 2011

CCC.

Comment

• Riderfan
                  Megos are cool
                  • Feb 14, 2012

This is the one I was looking at:

R Exclusive, only available at Toys R Us Canada. It's animal adventure time with this super cool Animal Planet Safari Treehouse Playset exclusively from Toys'R'Us. Help these two animal enthusiasts set up their jungle treehouse that even includes a zip line! Multiple building options allow for your imagination to take over. There's a bridge to connect the two treehouse structures, a working lift, a zip line, and lots of levels where the animals can hang out. The large elephant has sound and mechanical action features. The two posable action figures can use their video camera and binoculars to capture their animal friends in action and learn more about them. The Animal Planet Safari Treehouse Playset features:1 Giant treehouse structure with working lift and zip line1 Large elephant with sound and mechanical action5 monkeys, 1 hedgehog, a raccoon, warthog, bear cub, lion cub, baby deer, baby gnu and gray heron2 Poseable action figure and accessories2 AA batteries includedAges 5 and up

Comment

• LordMudd
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 22, 2011

Yeah, I'm looking at it too. Still only 20% off, hoping I can do a little better.

CCC.

Comment

• Hedji
                      Citizen of Gotham
                      • Nov 17, 2012

File this under Rumor:

On the Batman66 message board, a member received correspondence from Super7 saying that a PLAYSET is in the works.

We're releasing the stands next week! We also have a playset for Planet of the Apes that's currently in production that we're hoping to have out in the summer!

Comment

• spockoda
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Jan 14, 2018

Got Apes? I do now, a box from EE was on my front porch for me when I got off of work today. A nice bonus to this being Friday!

Comment

• Remco Monster
                          GLOWS in the Dark!
                          • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by Hedji
                          File this under Rumor:

On the Batman66 message board, a member received correspondence from Super7 saying that a PLAYSET is in the works.
                          That's awesome. Just hope it is cheaper than their Alien playset was.

Comment

• LordMudd
                            Persistent Member
                            • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by TCM Hitchhiker
                            That's awesome. Just hope it is cheaper than their Alien playset was.
                            Unlikely. For the most part they have been relatively good playsets. The Haunted House could be just a bit sturdier for the price but is otherwise well made.

CCC.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                              Master of Fowl Play
                              • Jun 5, 2008

^ I like the apes environments you've improvised. I'm hoping that Reaction does a play-set for their 4" MOTU offerings.
                              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                                GLOWS in the Dark!
                                • May 3, 2006

Originally posted by LordMudd
                                Unlikely. For the most part they have been relatively good playsets. The Haunted House could be just a bit sturdier for the price but is otherwise well made.

CCC.
                                Well, the Aliens playset was made of resin, in the US and was pretty limited. If it were made in China in larger quantities, it would have probably been half of what it cost. The Haunted House was a SDCC exclusive too, which is partially why that one was so pricey. I am sure an Apes playset will be pricey no matter what, what toys aren't anymore, and it most likely would be a convention exclusive as well. Just hope it is a bit more affordable. Hard to justify $100 for a plastic base and cardboard backdrop that isn't vintage.
                                Last edited by Remco Monster; May 6, '18, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎