Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super 7 Planet of the Apes coming this month ! Yay!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enyawd72
    Maker of Monsters!
    • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by Remco Monster
    Funko are the worst, completely brainless when it comes to making action figures. So glad Super 7 split from them and took back the Reaction line solo. The differences between the two companies when it comes to action figures is night and day. Funko should just stick to Pops.
    They should stick Pops somewhere alright. I hate those square headed things with a passion. I wish they'd go back to making Wacky Wobblers...hardly see those anymore. They could have mined Marvel, DC, and Star Wars for years to come.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by enyawd72
      They should stick Pops somewhere alright. I hate those square headed things with a passion. I wish they'd go back to making Wacky Wobblers...hardly see those anymore. They could have mined Marvel, DC, and Star Wars for years to come.
      Ditto. The only intelligent use for pops is to line them up on a fence for target practice.

CCC.

Comment

• LordMudd
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 22, 2011

Mountain version #3.

CCC.

Comment

• MegoApes74
          • Jun 11, 2007

I just got wave one. Some of the best ape toys since MEGO. When shall we expect wave two?

Comment

• tmthor
            God of Knock-offs
            • Nov 29, 2005

I think the Wave two Batman 66 was canceled due to them not having the licence anymore

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by tmthor
              I think the Wave two Batman 66 was canceled due to them not having the licence anymore
              I can't say for sure on that, but Funko twiddled their thumbs for a year on those figures. All they had to do was open up preorders for a Wave 2 that had Joker, Penguin and Riddler in it and they would have sold like gangbusters and probably pushed more of Wave 1. Lots of people were hesitant to go all in, when they didn't put out the heavy hitters. It's irksome because Funko promised that those were coming this summer and basically told people to calm down and just wait it out. And then turned around at SDCC and tried to play it off like it was out of their hands and that we should have known the line was dead... But they're the ones who kept telling people the line was fine and Wave 2 was going to be shown any minute now.

I ordered a bunch of the SDCC exclusives for Super7. Love their ReAction line! Funko's better articulated 3 3/4 figures are great, but there's no point in buying any of them because they abandon collections halfway through. Hard to put faith in any line from Funko.

Comment

• amby87
                • Nov 21, 2009

Were there any series 2 POTA Reaction shown at NYCC or at least mention of them? I know I haven't seen or heard anything. I swear if that gorilla soldier doesn't make it into production I'll lose it "just like Uma Thurman." He's like the stormtrooper of this line. I know it's childish but that's just the way I am.

Comment

• LordMudd
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 22, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                  I can't say for sure on that, but Funko twiddled their thumbs for a year on those figures. All they had to do was open up preorders for a Wave 2 that had Joker, Penguin and Riddler in it and they would have sold like gangbusters and probably pushed more of Wave 1. Lots of people were hesitant to go all in, when they didn't put out the heavy hitters. It's irksome because Funko promised that those were coming this summer and basically told people to calm down and just wait it out. And then turned around at SDCC and tried to play it off like it was out of their hands and that we should have known the line was dead... But they're the ones who kept telling people the line was fine and Wave 2 was going to be shown any minute now.

I ordered a bunch of the SDCC exclusives for Super7. Love their ReAction line! Funko's better articulated 3 3/4 figures are great, but there's no point in buying any of them because they abandon collections halfway through. Hard to put faith in any line from Funko.
                  I think Funko is more interested in doing Pops, and that will sink them when the bottom falls out.

CCC.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎