• Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Never had Jack in the Box in my life.

Growing up, the closest one to me was like 40 miles away in Newark

Same with Hardies ...

Always HATED seeing commercials for places that were on the other side of the world

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I feel that way when I see Sonic commercials.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
        I feel that way when I see Sonic commercials.
        If it makes you feel any better I have a Sonic a few miles away and I never go to it.

It's the most expensive fast food place ever.

Super rip-off

Would happily go to Schmuger King and get a whopper and fries for the price of a Sonic hockey-puck

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Yeah, I have been to Sonic when visiting Indiana and it's really no big deal. You aren't missing anything.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

But the commercials look so tempting lol. However, there're plenty of burger places here, some very good.
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

Sonic never fails to disappoint me on the very rare occasion I get a hamburger there. It used to be way better before it went nationwide, though. When I was a little feller and all the way through high school it was only a local (and later regional) chain and the menu was far more varied. My favorite things in those days were the hickory burger and pickle-oes (battered and fried dill pickle chips) and they dumped them both from the menu when they went national. I do like their drinks and breakfast burritos, though, but these days I rarely stop there even though I drive by one to and from work.

Comment

• Klosterheim
                Persistent Member
                • Mar 23, 2013

Alby's
                Boston Market
                Eat n' Park
                Hardy's
                Red Bull
                Ruby Tuesdays
                Sizzler

Local Diners
                Local Chinese
                Local Mall, they had super greasy tacos.

Howard Johnson’s
                Kenny Roger’s Roasters
                Ponderosa & Bonanza Steakhouses

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mikey
                  Never had Jack in the Box in my life.
                  Jack N the Box has some really tasty burgers.

I present to you, the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger and Curly Fries...

sigpic

Comment

• Obibob
                    Museum Super Collector
                    • Jul 27, 2007

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                    But the commercials look so tempting lol. However, there're plenty of burger places here, some very good.
                    I'll trade you EVERY Sonic here in Texas for just one Swenson's!

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Anybody eaten at The Habit Burger Grill?

It’s a California-based chain, but it has been expanding across the country...one of the fastest growing burger chains...

American fast-casual restaurant that specializes in award-winning Charburgers grilled over an open flame.

In mid-2014, The Habit's "Charburger" was named the best chain burger in America by Consumer Reports, a nonprofit organization dedicated to unbiased product testing, scoring an 8.1 out of 10 among 53,745 participants.

I’m a short 10 minute drive from one of them...in Alameda, right next door to Oakland...

Last edited by Hector; Apr 10, '18, 2:46 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Obibob
                        I'll trade you EVERY Sonic here in Texas for just one Swenson's!
                        Oh, you. You have a good memory. Swenson's is delicious, but has a half-life shorter than francium--other wise I'd ship you some.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Hec, I'd love to have In N Out and Jack in the Box in the Midwest, but at least we have Five Guys, which is good but $$$.

Lima, Ohio has a family chain called Kewpies, which is delicious and was the inspiration for Dave Thomas' Columbus-based Wendy's.
                          Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 8, '18, 5:52 PM.

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I’m 10 minutes away from a Five Guys too...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

One burger chain I wished was in California is White Castle. The closet we got are the frozen White Castle boxes they sell here at the supermarkets. They taste pretty good. I can imagine they are much better served at their establishments.
                              sigpic

Comment

• MRP
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Klosterheim
                                Alby's
                                Boston Market
                                I was eating at Boston Market when it was still called Boston Chicken and before it expanded nationally. There was one within walking distance of campus when I was at university in the late 80s/early 90s and it was miles better than anything the cafeteria at school offered and it was right across the way from the theatre where I worked my junior and senior years at school, so often got dinner break food there.

-M
                                Last edited by MRP; Apr 9, '18, 3:05 PM.
                                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎