Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Our old Brown Derbys are gone, but Medina, Ohio has a Girve's Brown Derby and it's fantastic.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• B-Lister
      Eccentric Weirdo
      • Mar 19, 2010

In my area, we never had Bob's Big Boy. We had Elby's Big Boy, and it was BETTER. They didn't use the national menu. They developed their own.

Anybody who attended a Wheeling Mego Meet, the best one was where Perkins is now. It was local tradition to prank the Big Boy statue out front when we were in High School.
      Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• warlock664
        Persistent Member
        • Feb 15, 2009

Elby’s was awesome!
        I ate at the one in Moundsville many times, as well as the one in New Martinsville, WV.

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

The mall locations were my two most frequent, but the big Wheeling one was a special treat on occasion.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

My mother had my birthday at Gino's one year and I remember being so disappointed it wasn't at McDonald's. I had no idea that Gino's was known for having better burgers.

Does anyone remember Rustler's Steak House? It was like a high school cafeteria, where'd you get a number in exchange for your meat order. You'd go down the line and pick up your sides and then they'd give you your entree at the end (I think).

Last edited by Wee67; Sep 26, '19, 5:32 PM.
            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Has any mentioned Burger Chef? As a kid, I loved the play-trays in which the meals were served and the toppings bar.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Wee67
                My mother had my birthday at Gino's one year and I remember being so disappointed it wasn't at McDonald's. I had no idea that Gino's was known for having better burgers.

Does anyone remember Rustler's Steak House? It was like a high school cafeteria, where'd you get a number in exchange for your meat order. You'd go down the line and pick up your sides and then they'd give you your entree at the end (I think).
                Never heard of it, but what about York Steak House? The one at our mall was sooo good, it was cafeteria-style, too.

EDIT: I see there's one last York remaining in Columbus, OH, oh my gosh. I am going there next MegoMeet--more nostalgia!!
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Sep 26, '19, 5:52 PM.

Comment

• Wee67
                  Museum Correspondent
                  • Apr 2, 2002

I have no memory of York's.

I don't remember ever going to or seeing a Red Barn, but I do remember being creeped out by the mascots. I have no idea why, but they always gave me a weird vibe.

Oh, and someone mentioned Zip's. I never saw them as a kid, but when I visit my in-laws, there is one in Moscow, ID and one in Colfax, WA we always drive by.
                  Last edited by Wee67; Sep 26, '19, 6:01 PM.

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

accidental double post

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

As a family we used to go to Red Barn for their fried chicken. I was a kid. I remembered it as delicious. My dad loved it too.

Great fond memories.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                        Verbose Member
                        • Aug 9, 2001

We used to have a local drive-in called Custer's Last Stand

Had great iced cream and fast food

The first place I ever tasted a taco

Today, the building houses a deer butchery

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey

Had great iced cream and fast food

The first place I ever tasted a taco

Today, the building houses a deer butchery
                          Venison tacos? PASS!

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Wee67
                            Venison tacos? PASS!
                            Mixed with a little pork i'd definetly eat venison tacos

One of my specialties is venison meatloaf

Comment

• J.B.
                              Guild Navigator
                              • Jun 23, 2010

Originally posted by Mikey
                              "Yes, I'd like to order the mutilated pork chops, please."
                              You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎