X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megocanada
    Permanent Member
    • Apr 18, 2003

Hanna Barbera

It is just me or do these figures look fantastic? I know there cartoon figures but I think they look great. Comments?
    the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

I think they all look great, except for Space Ghost. I think being cartoon figures has helped with the head sculpts, which seem to be well scaled to the body.

Sadly, I don't own any of them yet. I am definitely getting Blue Falcon and Dynomutt this month, and I wouldn't mind getting Scooby and the Gang. Unless the Wonder Woman figures wow me, I may grab Scooby and Shaggy this month too.

Comment

• LordMudd
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 22, 2011

Have not seen these. Is there a link?

CC.

Comment

• Boywonder0
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 29, 2007

^^^Here it is:
        http://www.classictvtoys.com/hannaba...onfigures.aspx

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

weren't the Flintstones mentioned when they got this line? I could see Fred on a flesh Hulk body. maybe Barney on a kid body with new hands and feet.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mary Canary
            Career Member
            • Jun 21, 2017

I want them to make the Teen Angels (and Captain Cavey too, of course).

Also, it would be rad to have Teen Force from Space Stars.
            They rarely get any love.
            I don't even think they made it into the Future Quest comics by DC.
            Always loved Electra!

Comment

• knight errant00
              8 Inch Action Figure
              • Nov 15, 2005

I'd like to see Mightor and the Galaxy Trio. And the Impossibles would be cool. Heck, the entire Hanna-Barbera's World of Super-Adventure lineup would be be welcome...including the FF... 😉
              Last edited by knight errant00; Apr 7, '18, 1:20 AM.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

I'd like to see some super villains thrown in. Space Ghost needs a Mettallus and Zorak to fight!
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• PNGwynne
                  Master of Fowl Play
                  • Jun 5, 2008

I too, would like to see Mightor, the Galaxy Trio, and even the Herculoids family. (They could do the Herculoid creatures as cardboard standees like in the vintage Lost Continent playset.)

But we also need Jonny Quest Wave 2 and some villains!
                  WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• hedrap
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 10, 2009

Herculoids should be a breeze. It's their Tarzan line redux. Maybe they could get a way with Igoo ala The Thing design, but on a 12-inch.

Mightor, Zan, Jayce are simple enough. So are the Galaxy Trio, but do you go full Mego and keep them in their normal form or try and make the outfits appear as if their powers are activated? I guess they could mold oversized Thing forearms for Meteor Man.

I still go back to Three Musketeers. It's the Monkees formula. One costume, four different heads. Sell it as an exclusive four pack.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

Good Herculoid suggestions. I'd go "full Mego" with the Trio.

The Musketeers would be incredibly easy for FTC, they already have all the tooling: hats, swords, boots belts, even gloves. A non-cartoon version would be even easier, using redecorated Ivanhoe, Robin Hood, Launcelot, and Galahad Scarlet heads.

Speaking of cartoon characters, I'd love to see them do a Fleisher Popeye wave. Who should be the fourth figure? I vote Wimpy, but there's also Pappy, Sea Hag.
                      Last edited by PNGwynne; Apr 7, '18, 9:22 AM.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Falstaff13
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 28, 2008

Originally posted by hedrap
                        I still go back to Three Musketeers. It's the Monkees formula. One costume, four different heads. Sell it as an exclusive four pack.
                        I agree. This would work as cartoon or just "generic" Musketeers.

I would love for them to create the cartoon Cyrano (from the afterschool special cartoon in the 1970s)--H-B used it in their art for the studio during that decade, so the fact he just appeared the one time shouldn't limit it.
                        Hugh H. Davis

Wanted: Legends of the West (Empire & Excel) and other western historically-based figures. Send me an offer.
                        Also interested in figures based on literary characters.

Comment

• JediJaida
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 14, 2008

I'm all for a Three Musketeers line. Provided that the costumes aren't ssggy baggy Doctor Denton type pyjamas.
                          JediJaida

Comment

• tllgn
                            Persistent Member
                            • Feb 6, 2010

wow yeah the herculoids . id also like the Flintsones ,if they cant do them in 8 inch then a repro mego flintstone set will be fine .

Comment

• powersthatbe
                              Persistent Member
                              • Sep 27, 2010

they did mention they were doing Mightor some time ago right? and didn't they mention The Galaxy Trio when they showed Birdman? I would also like to see Krofft characters like Electra Woman and Dyna Girl.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎