X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spockoda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Jan 14, 2018

HasLab Jabba Sail Barge

The last I checked, they had enough backers to get the 4 ft long Jabba's Sail Barge made. That's no doubt a good thing for the Star Wars brand but I simply didn't have $500 to spend on one item and I would have a difficult time finding a place for something of that size. Congrats to those whom pledged and want this thing bad enough to pay that kind of dough for it.
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Almost 6500 people have pledged $500 for it... It looks awesome, but same here, I would have no place for it...

https://www.hasbrolab.com/
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• spockoda
      Museum Super Collector
      • Jan 14, 2018

Although having the Barge would be awesome if they make a Death Star playset that is somewhat like the vintage one, but of course more elaborate, I would have to do some soul searching on that one. The last time I spent that kind of dough on one thing it was a Bose home stereo.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

I can't really say that Jabba's barge is a must-have for me, especially at that price. I can think of a lot cooler vehicles in the saga.
        It's fine that it will be made, but I wouldn't buy one at $150.
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• spockoda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Jan 14, 2018

Hasbro is now asking what fans/collectors might want HasLab to work on next. My vote is an Ultimate Death Star playset but if everything they might make in the future is going to cost as much as the Sail Barge, I probably won't be buying it anyway. There are things I could think of that I wouldn't mind having made but if it means I don't eat for a month any potential "want list" loses steam pretty quickly. Not everybody out there is some day trader or CEO making boatloads of cash every month and can't afford to drop $500 for one collectible. If you are in a position where you can do that, God bless you, but everyone is simply not in that position.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
            Invincible Ironing Man
            • Feb 28, 2008

Whenever I see a price tag such as this, I don't even look at it anymore.
            Same thing with Hot Toys and such, they are out of my league. When did a $500 "toy" become normal?
            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• spockoda
              Museum Super Collector
              • Jan 14, 2018

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
              Whenever I see a price tag such as this, I don't even look at it anymore.
              Same thing with Hot Toys and such, they are out of my league. When did a $500 "toy" become normal?
              A price tag that big for a figure or whatever is, has been, and will always be outrageous in my opinion. I actually wouldn't mind a bridge for the 4.5" Playmates Classic Star Trek figures, btw. I wouldn't pay $500 for it but I just thought I would add that thought to this.

Comment

• powersthatbe
                Persistent Member
                • Sep 27, 2010

I wouldn't have room for it in the first place,but I'm not against the idea,having scale accurate star wars ship would be pretty cool,if you're ok with the pricing.

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by spockoda
                  Hasbro is now asking what fans/collectors might want HasLab to work on next. My vote is an Ultimate Death Star playset but if everything they might make in the future is going to cost as much as the Sail Barge, I probably won't be buying it anyway. There are things I could think of that I wouldn't mind having made but if it means I don't eat for a month any potential "want list" loses steam pretty quickly. Not everybody out there is some day trader or CEO making boatloads of cash every month and can't afford to drop $500 for one collectible. If you are in a position where you can do that, God bless you, but everyone is simply not in that position.
                  This QFT That's what the hobby is going towards I'm afraid.....

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎