Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring Can Wait! Mr. Freeze isn't quite finished with Winter yet!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megowgsh
    Customego HoF Curator
    • Nov 19, 2003

Spring Can Wait! Mr. Freeze isn't quite finished with Winter yet!

Mr. Freeze (Victor Fries) is a fictional supervillain of the superhero Batman. Created by writer Dave Wood and artist Sheldon Moldoff, the character first appeared in Batman #121 (February 1959), where he was known as Mr. Zero. Mr. Freeze is one of Batman's most enduring enemies and belongs to the collective of adversaries that make up Batman's rogues gallery.

In the most common variation of his origin story, he is a former cryogenics expert in Gotham City who was involved in a laboratory accident while attempting to cure his terminally ill wife Nora Fries. The disaster lowered his body temperature to the point that he must wear a cryogenic suit in order to survive, and he utilizes a "freeze gun" that freezes its targets solid.

Mr. Freeze was played by George Sanders, Otto Preminger and Eli Wallach in the Batman television series, by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the 1997 film Batman & Robin, and was voiced by Michael Ansara in Batman: The Animated Series.

Mr. Freeze as portrayed by legendary actor Eli Wallach in the Adam West Batman televison series...

My Eli Wallach Mr. Freeze utilizes the Figures Toy Company Mr. Freeze body and suit; his head is a cobbling of the FTC Grampa Munster head and the FTC Space:1999 Ballor head; paints by yours truly; freeze gun by Todd Mello...

with the FTC Otto Preminger version...

with Batman, Robin, and Batgirl. Who is the real Mr. Freeze?!?!?!

Back in 1997 Arnold Schwarzenegger portrayed Mr. Freeze in the widely panned film Batman and Robin. Kenner released a wide array of toys based on the movie anyway and one of the "coolest" of them was the Ice Terror Mr. Freeze...

My Arnold Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze is based on this figure. His body is a re-painted Ben Affleck Armageddon figure by Hot Wheels (believe it or not!); head is a re-sized Kenner Ice Terror Mr. Freeze head; freeze gun by Todd Mello...

with George Clooney and Chris O'Donnell. (Hey, it was the best I could do)

The Armageddon figure(s) which I never knew existed until about three months ago...

My favorite version of Mr. Freeze is from Batman: The Animated Series. I instantly fell in love with the color scheme.

I have wanted to make this figure for over 20 years. The head, actually, was finished 20 years ago and is a bald Mego Thor head with goggles sculpted on. I found the helmet via Paul Evans about 10 years ago. Had the suit designed and printed back then as well, along with the purple Castaway boots. But, those darn blue "rings"! I was never sure what to use for them until I walked into Michael's a few weeks ago and found them. Freeze gun once again by Todd Mello.

with original Mego Batman and Robin...

Group shot!

Big props to Todd Mello for the freeze guns. Each is in the color scheme of it's respective version of Mr. Freeze and identical to the one used in the Adam West Batman series. My homage to the 1966 television program.

I hope you enjoy my customs as much as I do, and, as always, Thanks for Looking!!!

Peace, Love, and Megos!

Austin
    Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

Very ingenious, these look great. And luckily your gun orders were fulfilled.

What did you use for the animated helmet? I found a candy toy with a top similar to that.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Wild!!!!
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• sprytel
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 26, 2009

Outstanding bunch, but the animated Freeze is my favorite.

Comment

• Grimjohn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 28, 2011

Magnificent job on all!!!
          My Finished Custom Figures

Comment

• comicmike
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 22, 2009

So industrious....O h M y *G o o d n e s s*, your creativity is through the roof, man. That find on those rings is really amazing. Everything is super well done!!

Comment

• Brown Bear
              Still Old School
              • Feb 14, 2008

Looks great and fits right in.
              Check out my website: Megozine Covers - Home

Comment

• Timothy2251
                Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                • Mar 15, 2008

Cool (sorry. Not sorry) customs, Austin!
                "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• BATMAN89
                  Mego obsessed!!!
                  • Jul 20, 2010

Love them all Austin! Great work!
                  Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                  My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Nice bunch of Freezes.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• darkbros
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 3, 2012

Good Looking Quartet!
                      Customizing 1:9: My Videoblog journey of Customizing!
                      https://www.facebook.com/customizingonenine
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                      "I don't do it for the haters, I do it for the players." --snoop dogg

Comment

• hawkmike
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 15, 2003

Cool dude cool!
                        wanted mego arch reactor

Comment

• noelani72
                          27inaleon
                          • Jun 25, 2002

I love this.

Comment

• ScottA
                            Original Member
                            • Jun 25, 2001

These are amazing sir!
                            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• TrekStar
                              Trek or Treat
                              • Jan 20, 2011

Love the Freeze family you created, some hard work, detail and imagination went into these I'm sure.

Also like seeing the pic of Wallach Mr. Freeze with Leslie Parrish, who appeared in the Star Trek episode:
                              Who Mourns for Adonis, very beautiful girl, another Star Trek/Batman connection and there's lots of them.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎