X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TRDouble
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 10, 2012

Originally posted by Krypt0nite
    I put Space Ghost on a Twilight Zone body and switched his boots with Punisher. The suit fits the TZ body a lot better than the FTC body.
    Thanks! It definitely looks better. It makes the chest insignia a little higher, which is my second biggest issue with the figure (it's too low and way too much black). And yours is the easiest looking mod!

Blue Falcon comes first though...

Comment

• Krypt0nite
      Radioactive!
      • Feb 13, 2010

Here's a better picture of Space Ghost:

D729D271-6600-49A8-AAFB-22E229F0393C.jpg

The suit fits the TZ body pretty well. I pulled the black "collar" of the suit up just a bit and inserted the head on top of it, holding it into place and giving a smoother look. I think I had to pull the "socks" of the suit down a little and fold them under the feet in the boots to get a proper fit. I swapped with the Punisher boots because I wanted the Punisher to have classic style Mego boots, but I think these work better with Space Ghost.
      Last edited by Krypt0nite; Apr 6, '18, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• TRDouble
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 10, 2012

I just opened Dynomutt. Overall, he his nicely done. I wonder if one of shins of my front legs is wrong (one bends backwards way too far, while the other has a natural stop), but it doesn't mess with the aesthetics of the figure, so I am going to (try and) let it go

The soft goods get caught up in the articulation joints, which is annoying and would be a pain if I was a kid playing with him. But soft goods probably work a lot better than plastic or soft vinyl.

He has a lot of articulation points, but is still sometimes hard to pose *just * right. But I overly nitpick things.

There isn't much to add. Dynomutt came out well and will probably entice me to finally get Scooby Doo sooner than later.

Comment

• TRDouble
          Permanent Member
          • Jul 10, 2012

The last figure I will open for the day is Blue Falcon. Not much to say about him either. A simple, well made and put together figure. Nitpicks? It could have been simpler with a plastic belt with sculpted side parts instead of belt loops, and I wish they sculpted new wrist guards instead of using the too complex looking and bulky Cyborg wrist guards. The cape sits high on the neck and could be lower, like the source material.

But again, nit picky complaints. Blue Falcon & Dynomutt look good on the shelf together. Well done, FTC!

Comment

• TRDouble
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 10, 2012

Just because...

FTC Blue Falcon & Batmobile.jpg

Comment

• Krypt0nite
              Radioactive!
              • Feb 13, 2010

Great pics---I wonder how that Batmobile might be converted into the Falconcar?

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 4, 2011

I have to admit. I don't know this character. Did he have his own show?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎