Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Thread: Estrela's new "Falcon" muscle-body figures: a review

Images

Angry Estrela's new "Falcon" muscle-body figures: a review

I recently purchased an Estrela Falcon retro muscle-body figure with turbo-copter. Sadly, it is disappointing:

* The figure seems fragile, and prone to the same problems as vintage muscle-bodies. If not joint disintegration, at least the melting common to the contact of vinyl and styrene. Nice head paint and flocking, though.

*The copter is poorly-assembled, with sloppy construction gluing the control-arms in place. The mechanism worked well.

The Hobbycrash Geyperman reissues seem much sturdier. It's a shame, I really wanted that yellow copter for a custom.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    I recently purchased an Estrela Falcon retro muscle-body figure with turbo-copter. Sadly, it is disappointing:

* The figure seems fragile, and prone to the same problems as vintage muscle-bodies. If not joint disintegration, at least the melting common to the contact of vinyl and styrene. Nice head paint and flocking, though.

*The copter is poorly-assembled, with sloppy construction gluing the control-arms in place. The mechanism worked well.

The Hobbycrash Geyperman reissues seem much sturdier. It's a shame, I really wanted that yellow copter for a custom.
    Thanks for this review, I've been tempted to pick them up, but they are a little pricey, so I've hesitated, now I might just pass.

Images
    You're welcome. It's a beautiful display item, but I was surprised at the actual product. The copter was an embarrassment. If I knew Spanish, I'd contact Estrela directly. I purchased from Cotswold; I'm relieved I didn't go to ebay.

I've been kit-bashing a small corps of 12" Super-Joes, using reissue Geyperman M-B figures, Loucosporbonecos clothing, and Cotswold boots and emblems. I can recommend those items without reservation.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Blog Entries
    Dang, I really want to support this in hopes of the SF stuff getting a reissue but for that price, it's gotta be decent.

Images
    I can't lie, I'd buy a Torak reissue. But they need to address production and quality issues.

Images
    that's really a shame. they look so damn nice in the packages

Images
    I wanted to share something that happened after my Estrela purchase, courtesy of Cotswold Collectibles. I had shared my review, because I wanted the vendor and other collectors to be aware of potential issues. I did not request a return because I had opened and broken the item.

Cots' customer service was concerned, regardless. And a today I received a replacement working copter. They didn't have to do that, and I'm very pleased--but not surprised. I've been a Cotswold customer for about 25 years and they are probably the best company I've ever dealt with.

I wanted to share something that happened after my Estrela purchase, courtesy of Cotswold Collectibles. I had shared my review, because I wanted the vendor and other collectors to be aware of potential issues. I did not request a return because I had opened and broken the item.

Cots' customer service was concerned, regardless. And a today I received a replacement working copter. They didn't have to do that, and I'm very pleased--but not surprised. I've been a Cotswold customer for about 25 years and they are probably the best company I've ever dealt with.
    Cool, glad you got the copter, and yes Cots is second to none as far as I'm concerned.

Blog Entries
    Wow that's some excellent customer service.

Images

I've only been a customer with them for a short while, but I have been very pleased with their products and service. It is very heartening to me to read how well they took care of your issue. Thank you for sharing that and boosting my confidence in their willingness and ability to address those kind of issues when they pop up.