X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

FTC 18-inch "hero" bodies?

Regarding the FTC 18" figures, are these bodies any good? Thanks!
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Blue Meanie
    Banned
    • Jun 23, 2001

Curious about this myself. Probably make for a good Giant Man scale as well as Galactus scale if they are any good.

Comment

• kingkongsy
      • Oct 3, 2017

They sell the bodies but not much clothes and no heads? I saw them on Classic TV Toys but never saw any heads at all listed. Where would you buy a head?

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

I hadn't wondered about that--It's just a body and Superman boots that I need.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Madcap70
          • Dec 4, 2017

I got the body pretty good quality and it's a 12" body up scaled if that helps..

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

It does, thank you!

Comment

• LonnieFisher
              Eloquent Member
              • Jan 19, 2008

I think the body doesn't stand well and the wrists pins are way too small.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Is the problem with standing due to the stringing?

Comment

• Madcap70
                  • Dec 4, 2017

No the body is fine just like a 12" Mego I can't say if the 12" female body is any good though...

Comment

• tllgn
                    Persistent Member
                    • Feb 6, 2010

^^
                    I bought one of those "12" female body for daisy duke ,actully its quite good ,although like the "8" figure its a bit
                    to tight ,and it tends to want to go to either side ,it doesnt have the stubles around the waist ,so its easier to set it
                    right ,the quality is very good ,i have no problem if they use it for Giganta or "12" supergals .i just hope they dont use that
                    skinny anorexic thing that daisy came with -Awful .i Think FTC knows that,which is why they havent used it again .

Comment

• DMD
                      • May 17, 2020

I know this is an old topic, but they still sell 18" bodies. I was just offered DST's Ultimate Quarter Scale Kirk and Spock for $60 shipped (since they were opened and the person didn't think they'll be making any more Star Trek crew). DST's 18" figures look scrawny, like there's no food on the Enterprise!

How are FTC's 18" bodies? Do they scale well with other 18" (or 1/4 scale) figures like NECA, DST, etc.?

I know I probably won't get another opportunity to get these DST figures for $30 a piece, that's why I'm looking into other 18" figure bodies that may scale well with DST.
                      Yes, I do plan to make a Dr. McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, Chekov, and Uhura (maybe a slight problem), in the future, if time permits it!

If anyone has a picture of a DST Ultimate Quarter Scale (even if it's from Terminator or Star Wars) next to an FTC 18" figure, I would greatly appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎