Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New GIJoe club B&W "As Seen on TV" 12" figures up for pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    I dropped my membership years ago but the b&w figure is an interesting choice. if nothing else it is unique. sad that it is the last. maybe they will really clearance things out as the club shuts down
    They had a huge clearance/warehouse sale about 12-16 months ago. Pulled archived items out of mothballs. I was able to pick up a few early club figures I had missed out on. They don't have much inventory left frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    This is the last year for the current license-holder, Brian Savage. I don't know what, if anything, Hasbro has planned next. They have no interest in 1/6 Joe and have licensed it (and Action Man) to others.

Cotswold Collectibles, partnered with Hobbycrash's Geyperman reissues and boutique producers like Loucoporbonecos, has done a terrific job of catering to 1/6 figure hobbyists--much like the Pauls and Anthony have done for Mego.
    Don't forget Sean Huxter, 3d toy printer extraordinaire!! Thank god for Cots! They are really keeping the AT alive with a lot of their offerings. Great stuff.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PNGwynne View Post
    The "sales" have already started.

I have seldom been disappointed with my annual membership figure. And some of the AT-themed convention sets have been pricey but terrific. The best membership figure IMO was 2012's Man of Evil; I thought that was a fantastic concept and execution of an adversary figure for AT Joe.
    agree 100%. Man of Evil was awesome. fantastic figure and accessory set

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by palitoy View Post
    Is the GI Joe club kaput? That's a drag!
    Hasbro yanked the license because they claim to want to keep it in house, ie, keep all the profits. unfortunately, as we have seen, they think very little of GI Joe so it is doubtful anything good will happen

Images
    if I'm not mistaken, I believe Hasbro also took the Transformers club back

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninersphan1 View Post
    Don't forget Sean Huxter, 3d toy printer extraordinaire!! Thank god for Cots! They are really keeping the AT alive with a lot of their offerings. Great stuff.
    I don't mean to overlook Sean, I was thinking of him as part of Cots--which is why I mention Paul (W.), too with Mego.
    Sean's stuff is amazing, I'm floored by the stuff he designs.

The folks at Cotswold are some of the nicest a hobbyist could hold to deal with, I've been a customer for about 25 years and their customer service is tops.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgiabuff View Post
    agree 100%. Man of Evil was awesome. fantastic figure and accessory set
    I bought three and did alternate outfits and also a custom Lost Adventurer.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninersphan1 View Post
    They had a huge clearance/warehouse sale about 12-16 months ago. Pulled archived items out of mothballs. I was able to pick up a few early club figures I had missed out on. They don't have much inventory left frankly.
    The club has had a few clearance sales, which caused some tension after con sets were closed out. I think they are still selling off "archived" items now.

Some of the other exclusives, like the talkers and the AT recreations, have been great IMO and really appealed to me as a collector of reissued Joes.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 28, '18 at 8:10 PM.