X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ninersphan1
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 27, 2009

New GIJoe club B&W "As Seen on TV" 12" figures up for pre-order

Available on the club website. I'm not the least bit interested in these, lost opportunity by the club IMHO. Anyone relly jazzed by these figures? I'm just curious cause I think the club is going to be sitting on these.
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

I ordered the additional Soldier accessory set, as I get the basic B&W figure with my membership.

I will be honest, it is not what I would have chosen as a last exclusive. Club members would have liked an AT set a lot more IMO. But, I will also say (as I collect Navy and aquatic-themed sets) that I would have bought a extra B&W Sailor had he not been a frogman. The frogman has been reissued to death and it has no shelf-appeal. A sailor in the navy attack set or even Shore Patrol would have made a more interesting B&W set for me.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 27, '18, 9:52 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

I like the pilot figure!

Comment

• PNGwynne
        Master of Fowl Play
        • Jun 5, 2008

^Yes, good contrasts.
        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

The frogman probably sells the best out of the navy stuff due to the fact that its near impossible to find a vintage suit for it. Also looks like they were reproing what was on the box for each so frogman it is.
          Last edited by thunderbolt; Mar 28, '18, 2:16 AM.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
            Muddling through
            • Oct 4, 2008

I dropped my membership years ago but the b&w figure is an interesting choice. if nothing else it is unique. sad that it is the last. maybe they will really clearance things out as the club shuts down

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              The frogman probably sells the best out of the navy stuff due to the fact that its near impossible to find a vintage suit for it. Also looks like they were reproing what was on the box for each so frogman it is.
              Probably. And yes. I just didn't like it lol.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                I dropped my membership years ago but the b&w figure is an interesting choice. if nothing else it is unique. sad that it is the last. maybe they will really clearance things out as the club shuts down
                The "sales" have already started.

I have seldom been disappointed with my annual membership figure. And some of the AT-themed convention sets have been pricey but terrific. The best membership figure IMO was 2012's Man of Evil; I thought that was a fantastic concept and execution of an adversary figure for AT Joe.
                Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 28, '18, 5:41 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Is the GI Joe club kaput? That's a drag!
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                    This is the last year for the current license-holder, Brian Savage. I don't know what, if anything, Hasbro has planned next. They have no interest in 1/6 Joe and have licensed it (and Action Man) to others.

Cotswold Collectibles, partnered with Hobbycrash's Geyperman reissues and boutique producers like Loucoporbonecos, has done a terrific job of catering to 1/6 figure hobbyists--much like the Pauls and Anthony have done for Mego.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                      They had a huge clearance/warehouse sale about 12-16 months ago. Pulled archived items out of mothballs. I was able to pick up a few early club figures I had missed out on. They don't have much inventory left frankly.

Comment

• Ninersphan1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 27, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                        This is the last year for the current license-holder, Brian Savage. I don't know what, if anything, Hasbro has planned next. They have no interest in 1/6 Joe and have licensed it (and Action Man) to others.

Cotswold Collectibles, partnered with Hobbycrash's Geyperman reissues and boutique producers like Loucoporbonecos, has done a terrific job of catering to 1/6 figure hobbyists--much like the Pauls and Anthony have done for Mego.
                        Don't forget Sean Huxter, 3d toy printer extraordinaire!! Thank god for Cots! They are really keeping the AT alive with a lot of their offerings. Great stuff.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          The "sales" have already started.

I have seldom been disappointed with my annual membership figure. And some of the AT-themed convention sets have been pricey but terrific. The best membership figure IMO was 2012's Man of Evil; I thought that was a fantastic concept and execution of an adversary figure for AT Joe.
                          agree 100%. Man of Evil was awesome. fantastic figure and accessory set

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                            Hasbro yanked the license because they claim to want to keep it in house, ie, keep all the profits. unfortunately, as we have seen, they think very little of GI Joe so it is doubtful anything good will happen

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                              Muddling through
                              • Oct 4, 2008

if I'm not mistaken, I believe Hasbro also took the Transformers club back

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎