X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Batmania!

I've had dreams like this, Robin costume and all.....

For more Fashion Mockery and 70's toy love visit us at Plaid Stallions.com

More...
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Knew that Andy Cohen had a soft spot for Corgi's.
    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Actually a very cool Robin costume. Parts of it, like the gloves, seem very accurate to the Burt Ward costume. I dig.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

Amazing to think this is 11 years after the first Batmania, and yet here's Batman dominating a toy magazine, with no movie or new prime-time show.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
          Amazing to think this is 11 years after the first Batmania, and yet here's Batman dominating a toy magazine, with no movie or new prime-time show.
          Chris
          '66 Batman syndication and Super Friends every Saturday morning, man!

I was turning 6 years old the month following that... I remember it vividly!

No Star Wars.... only SUPERHEROES!!!!

It seemed like back then legacy, just as much as (then) current media visibility seemingly easily, miraculously put DC (and Marvel) superheroes at the forefront of me and my friends' brains back then. Perfect targets for diversified (as far as product ideas) licensing of a controlled number of prime DC (and Marvel) superheroes.

There was nothing in media like the MCU that had the ability thrust an Iron Man or Black Panther to the forefront either.

Aside from Superman... and possibly Spider-Man... Batman was KING superhero in 1977... and, by default, Robin rode that wave too.

Ah... the superhero merchandising salad days!
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mr.Marion
            Permanent Member
            • Sep 15, 2014

Give me Superman-mania
            IMG_20180323_130655864.jpg

Comment

• Emgee
              • May 5, 2009

I'm guessing this image originates from the UK. The third season of the TV show had its first screening 1975 and it created a new wave of '66 Batmania' over here. Adam came over and did appearances in costume and released the BATMAN AND ROBIN record too. Corgi clearly capitalised on this interest a decade after they first hit big with their TV Batman merchandise.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎