Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

I managed to score Punisher at Mego Meet this month. Now I'm just short Daredevil.
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

DD is the best set IMO.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
        Persistent Member
        • Jul 22, 2015

Just got my Spider-Man and immediately ordered a Thor. I may wind up getting a few more before it's said and done.

If anyone is wanting to get into these, most of them are in the $45-$50 range on Amazon. Spider-Man, however, is pretty pricey there (about $170). I got mine from Big Bad Toy Store for $48 plus a little bit of shipping.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...onDetails/9033
        Last edited by Makernaut; Jun 22, '18, 9:23 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by PNGwynne
          DD is the best set IMO.
          Totally agree!! DD was one of the "missing" original Megos from the 70's run...thank you Doc & Andy for filling this gap!
          sigpic

Comment

• BATMAN89
            Mego obsessed!!!
            • Jul 20, 2010

Originally posted by PNGwynne
            DD is the best set IMO.
            Agreed!
            Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
            My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

Well, I've said it before and will say it here again: That DD sculpt is perfect and fulfilled my childhood heart's desire for a most wanted Marvel Mego. (The others I pined for were mostly foes.) Thanks Emce, DST and especially A.C.!!
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 22, 2015

I just got my Thor set and while it is really good, I got the disappointment of opening the box on the Classic Mego reproduction version and finding Thor's helmet falling to bits on the left wing. It was packed well enough for shipping so I don't think it was the seller's fault. It seems pretty delicate so any number of things could have caused it. Overall, I think these sets are terrific and I am glad they got made, but I can see where little things about them can dampen some of the enthusiasm, too.

Comment

• comicmike
                  Persistent Member
                  • Sep 22, 2009

Originally posted by Makernaut
                  I just got my Thor set and while it is really good, I got the disappointment of opening the box on the Classic Mego reproduction version and finding Thor's helmet falling to bits on the left wing. It was packed well enough for shipping so I don't think it was the seller's fault. It seems pretty delicate so any number of things could have caused it. Overall, I think these sets are terrific and I am glad they got made, but I can see where little things about them can dampen some of the enthusiasm, too.
                  Oh gosh, that would truly bother me. Grrrr.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

I'm really surprised by the condition of your helmet. I bought one for a custom and it seems so sturdy. It held up well even when I stripped the plating off of it. I'm sorry that happened.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

^ I was a little disappointed, but I've been seeing the sets in the $45 range so I might try my luck with another. I really like the set and can make use of the extra parts for some other projects. I wound up pairing the modern Thor head and helmet with the classic outfit and it looked really cool so that wasn't a total loss. In fact, by doing that, I realized that the Spidey, Cap, and Thor (set up like I have it) look really neat displayed with the Round 2 Captain Action figures.

Comment

• lilbrosj66
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 4, 2011

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        Gee, thanks fellas! I have more sculpts that will see the light of day very soon. I signed a NDA so that's all I can say.
                        Whaaaaaat? Yes! Very good news!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by lilbrosj66
                          Whaaaaaat? Yes! Very good news!
                          Perhaps.
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Makernaut
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 22, 2015

I had posted about getting a Thor set and one of the wings on the helmet being in pieces. I found another set for under $45 and ordered it. Everything is aces with the second set. Point being, if one is late to the party like me...there are still sets out there available at good prices if you want to pick some of these up. I don't think I have paid more than $48.99 (plus shipping) for any of the 4 sets I ordered. Spider-Man is crazy expensive on Amazon and eBay, but Big Bad Toy Store has them for $48.99 at the moment.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                              GLOWS in the Dark!
                              • May 3, 2006

I never bought them, for reasons not worth repeating, but recently picked up the Daredevil set for about $40 to modify the red Daredevil a bit. It's a pretty nice set. My only real issue is the repro Mego box is about an inch or so too short. I really hope Mego can score the Marvel license eventually....and be able to sell the figures individually.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jun 29, 2018

Big bad toy box has them in the 40 to 50 dollar range now. Decent price if you think of them as three figures.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎