X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

DST sets - I miss them already

I know they weren't perfect, but I am really going to miss the DST sets. Given the limitations of the license I thought they did a great job. I hope Dr. Covalt's sculpts find another stage as they are some of my favorites.
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I miss them, too. I was hoping they'd keep going for years and years.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I agree, I wanted so many more classic characters. Big fan of the sculpts, too. Lonnie provided me with a lot of great customs fodder from these sets.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• jacoblb
        Persistent Member
        • May 7, 2009

The only set I didn't get was the Punisher, but not for the lack of desire--I will get a Punisher set soon.
        Hopefully EMCE and Marvel will continue a retro-cloth license in some capacity or another company if it has to work that way.

As someone without any vintage Marvel Mego I'd love to add Green Goblin and FF reissues in addition to any modern recreations to my collection. I've no complaints about the quality. I didn't mind doing some paint touchups to my Wolverine and the only difficulty I ever experienced was trying to fit a DM body into the modern Thor outfit, I got it to fit, but was concerned I'd ruin the tailoring and cause a tear.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
          I know they weren't perfect, but I am really going to miss the DST sets. Given the limitations of the license I thought they did a great job.
          Same here, I'm going to miss them too. Fortunately...I do own most of them. But of course, I wanted more...
          sigpic

Comment

• sprytel
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 26, 2009

I agree. They were neat sets. Well thought out and with great sculpts. There are a number of characters I was hoping they would get to...

Comment

• ScottA
              Original Member
              • Jun 25, 2001

I'm still a couple of sets short of them all.
              sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                Often invisible
                • Jul 18, 2002

Gee, thanks fellas! I have more sculpts that will see the light of day very soon. I signed a NDA so that's all I can say.
                Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                  Gee, thanks fellas! I have more sculpts that will see the light of day very soon. I signed a NDA so that's all I can say.
                  I'm intrigued.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

So am I--and excited!
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                      Persistent Member
                      • May 26, 2009

Me, too! Marvel us again!

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                        WOW! Those were you huh? Well I'm impressed! You did some pretty AWESOME sculpts Dude! Where to start? Your DD is probably THE best DareDevil sculpt I've ever seen. Love your Spidey & Peter Parker, Steve Rogers, Wolverine(w/Mask), Deadpool and more....WELL DONE Brother!!

Can't wait to see the other Sculpts you did! Very exciting!
                        sigpic

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

That DD sculpt is possibly my favorite reMego . Crimson Ghost also did some of the RetroAction sculpts.

Comment

• ovenmitt
                            Persistent Member
                            • May 26, 2009

Daredevil is best sculpt/ set. Liked how Dr. Blake and Modern Thor resembled each other. Spidey is classic and Peter Parker very Romita Sr. Cap and Steve, love secret IDs! Wolverine masked and unmasked reminds me of Hugh Jackman. Deadpool great too. Like the different retro and modern Punisher heads. Marvelous work all around! Many more mighty Marvel men and women to make!

April 6-8 is C2E2 where the DST sets were officially announced 4 years ago April 2014. Are we in for another surprise?
                            Last edited by ovenmitt; Mar 25, '18, 8:22 AM.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                              Often invisible
                              • Jul 18, 2002

Thanks again! DD is one of my favorites also.
                              I would have liked to have seen the Pirate Deadpool produced. I thought the Marvel NOW! version of Deadpool looked pretty cool! I made a new head for it, new boots, new gauntlets...ah well! Haha!
                              You might be surprised how often plans change and never get produced.
                              Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎