Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: DST sets - I miss them already

Images
    Well, I've said it before and will say it here again: That DD sculpt is perfect and fulfilled my childhood heart's desire for a most wanted Marvel Mego. (The others I pined for were mostly foes.) Thanks Emce, DST and especially A.C.!!
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    I just got my Thor set and while it is really good, I got the disappointment of opening the box on the Classic Mego reproduction version and finding Thor's helmet falling to bits on the left wing. It was packed well enough for shipping so I don't think it was the seller's fault. It seems pretty delicate so any number of things could have caused it. Overall, I think these sets are terrific and I am glad they got made, but I can see where little things about them can dampen some of the enthusiasm, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Makernaut View Post
    I just got my Thor set and while it is really good, I got the disappointment of opening the box on the Classic Mego reproduction version and finding Thor's helmet falling to bits on the left wing. It was packed well enough for shipping so I don't think it was the seller's fault. It seems pretty delicate so any number of things could have caused it. Overall, I think these sets are terrific and I am glad they got made, but I can see where little things about them can dampen some of the enthusiasm, too.
    Oh gosh, that would truly bother me. Grrrr.

Images
    I'm really surprised by the condition of your helmet. I bought one for a custom and it seems so sturdy. It held up well even when I stripped the plating off of it. I'm sorry that happened.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

Images
    ^ I was a little disappointed, but I've been seeing the sets in the $45 range so I might try my luck with another. I really like the set and can make use of the extra parts for some other projects. I wound up pairing the modern Thor head and helmet with the classic outfit and it looked really cool so that wasn't a total loss. In fact, by doing that, I realized that the Spidey, Cap, and Thor (set up like I have it) look really neat displayed with the Round 2 Captain Action figures.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Gee, thanks fellas! I have more sculpts that will see the light of day very soon. I signed a NDA so that's all I can say.
    Whaaaaaat? Yes! Very good news!

Quote Originally Posted by lilbrosj66 View Post
    Whaaaaaat? Yes! Very good news!
    Perhaps.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Images
    I had posted about getting a Thor set and one of the wings on the helmet being in pieces. I found another set for under $45 and ordered it. Everything is aces with the second set. Point being, if one is late to the party like me...there are still sets out there available at good prices if you want to pick some of these up. I don't think I have paid more than $48.99 (plus shipping) for any of the 4 sets I ordered. Spider-Man is crazy expensive on Amazon and eBay, but Big Bad Toy Store has them for $48.99 at the moment.

Images
    I never bought them, for reasons not worth repeating, but recently picked up the Daredevil set for about $40 to modify the red Daredevil a bit. It's a pretty nice set. My only real issue is the repro Mego box is about an inch or so too short. I really hope Mego can score the Marvel license eventually....and be able to sell the figures individually.