Buying some TOYS? Use these nifty links to help support the Mego Museum!

Support the Museum! Buy toys!
ReMegos @ Entertainment Earth | Megos on eBay | Amazon USA | Amazon UK | Amazon Canada

Running the Museum isn't cheap, and we could use your help!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DST sets - I miss them already

Images
    Blog Entries

DST sets - I miss them already

I know they weren't perfect, but I am really going to miss the DST sets. Given the limitations of the license I thought they did a great job. I hope Dr. Covalt's sculpts find another stage as they are some of my favorites.

I miss them, too. I was hoping they'd keep going for years and years.

Images
    I agree, I wanted so many more classic characters. Big fan of the sculpts, too. Lonnie provided me with a lot of great customs fodder from these sets.
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.

The only set I didn't get was the Punisher, but not for the lack of desire--I will get a Punisher set soon.
    Hopefully EMCE and Marvel will continue a retro-cloth license in some capacity or another company if it has to work that way.

As someone without any vintage Marvel Mego I'd love to add Green Goblin and FF reissues in addition to any modern recreations to my collection. I've no complaints about the quality. I didn't mind doing some paint touchups to my Wolverine and the only difficulty I ever experienced was trying to fit a DM body into the modern Thor outfit, I got it to fit, but was concerned I'd ruin the tailoring and cause a tear.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EMCE Hammer View Post
    I know they weren't perfect, but I am really going to miss the DST sets. Given the limitations of the license I thought they did a great job.
    Same here, I'm going to miss them too. Fortunately...I do own most of them. But of course, I wanted more...

Images
    I agree. They were neat sets. Well thought out and with great sculpts. There are a number of characters I was hoping they would get to...

Images
    I'm still a couple of sets short of them all.
    WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Gee, thanks fellas! I have more sculpts that will see the light of day very soon. I signed a NDA so that's all I can say.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonGhost View Post
    Gee, thanks fellas! I have more sculpts that will see the light of day very soon. I signed a NDA so that's all I can say.
    I'm intrigued.

Images
    So am I--and excited!
    WANTED: POTA Fortress signal-flasher--top portion; POTA Forbidden Zone prison doors; vintage Galahad box; minty Wolfman tights; Black Knight sword; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; POTA knife-sword; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes.