• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

Netflix acquires entire Monty Python catalog, will begin airing this year

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/03...hon-catalogue/

All the movies, all the episodes of Flying Circus, all the live performances, and a few other things will be available on Netflix later this year. Canada has a firm date available on April 15, the US release date hasn't been announced yet.

There are also rumors the surviving members of the troupe will get together to produce new content for Netflix.

-M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Love Meaning of Life and Holy Grail .... The others,,,, hate to say it but, meh

TV show was great in nostalgic reflection, but people forget besides the hilarious sketches everyone loves there was a lot of boring filler in between.

PS, my fav sketch was the one with the Terry Gilliam cartoon about the giant cats attacking ..... The next in school after it aired everybody couldn't stop talking about how funny it was :>)

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

Those are my favorite films as well. As far as the series goes, I don't think it's any more uneven than most other sketch shows. One can always just enjoy the compilation film.

Originally posted by Mikey
      Love Meaning of Life and Holy Grail .... The others,,,, hate to say it but, meh

TV show was great in nostalgic reflection, but people forget besides the hilarious sketches everyone loves there was a lot of boring filler in between.

PS, my fav sketch was the one with the Terry Gilliam cartoon about the giant cats attacking ..... The next in school after it aired everybody couldn't stop talking about how funny it was :>)
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

Life of Brian is pretty funny too. I don't really have any memories of specific sketches on the show. I will have to check it out once it his NF

Comment

• boss
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 18, 2003

This is big news in our house.
          Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• cjefferys
            Duke of Gloat
            • Apr 23, 2006

Awesome news, can't wait to revisit everything (for the umpteenth time).

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎