X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

MeTV's schedule change

It's April 2nd. However,it's only one show being replaced. They're dumping Mama's Family for WKRP in Cincinnati.
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

I've seen those ads with Loni Anderson tuning in the radio. MeTV has some really great ads to promote their shows.

I haven't seen WKRP in the longest time. It will be fun to watch it again. Gary Sandy is from my hometown here, and has returned to do some plays, etc. Saw him in the produce section of the local Food Lion about 15 years ago. :-)

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• warlock664
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Gary Sandy is from my hometown here, and has returned to do some plays, etc. Saw him in the produce section of the local Food Lion about 15 years ago. :-)

Chris
      Was his hair still perfect lol?
      WKRP is a definite upgrade over Mama's Family!

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

If they play the heavily edited versions of WKRP from the DVD release or Netflix I don't want anything to do with them.

Not only do they cut out all original music, they also have bad voice actors replacing original voices when talking during original music.

We are left with third rate generic music with third rate fake voices

Really nasty
        Last edited by Mikey; Mar 22, '18, 9:14 AM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
          Museum Paramedic
          • Aug 31, 2005

Much better than Mama’s Family. I’ll tune in. If it’s the originals, with the music, I’ll continue to watch.

- Ian
          Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• warlock664
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 15, 2009

Originally posted by Mikey
            If they play the heavily edited versions of WKRP from the DVD release or Netflix I don't want anything to do with them.

Not only do they cut out all original music, they also have bad voice actors replacing original voices when talking during original music.

We are left with third rate generic music with third rate fake voices

Really nasty
            Depends on which DVD release you're referring to. SHOUT! put out a complete series set that had about 95% of the original music restored. The original Season 1 wide release was cut to hell, though.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
              Career Member
              • Jan 13, 2009

Originally posted by warlock664
              Depends on which DVD release you're referring to. SHOUT! put out a complete series set that had about 95% of the original music restored. The original Season 1 wide release was cut to hell, though.
              Warlock beat me to it. I have a bootlegged copy of the original releases that took up 18-19 DVDs. I recently splurged for the SHOUT release and it is literally about 95-98% there. Picture quality is light-years better, as well. If they use the SHOUT version, you will not be disappointed.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

I have the SHOUT set and love it, WKRP is one of my favorite sitcoms ever. I also watched it first-run. Very pleased to see Me-TV add this show, it holds up well IMO.
                WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 20, 2011

This news only makes me wanna say one thing....

BOOGER!!!!

sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bionicfanboy66
                    Career Member
                    • Jul 30, 2012

"As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Comment

• HardyGirl
                      Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                      • Apr 3, 2007

I"M FURIOUS!! MeTV pulled their affiliation from Xfinity in the Bay Area! I just got off the phone w/ Comcast, and they had NO clue MeTV was gonna do this. They're trying to negotiate for a contract renewal, since lots of customers have complained. But this really SUCKS!
                      "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                      'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                      Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                      If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• starsky
                        veteran member
                        • Aug 26, 2007

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                        I"M FURIOUS!! MeTV pulled their affiliation from Xfinity in the Bay Area! I just got off the phone w/ Comcast, and they had NO clue MeTV was gonna do this. They're trying to negotiate for a contract renewal, since lots of customers have complained. But this really SUCKS!
                        i feel you shari!!!! i just realized that yesterday morning!!! at first i thought they were having problems with the channel then i tuned back at night and it said that the channel was no longer available!

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                          If worse comes to worse Sharry you aren't really missing anything ... Most of MeTV's shows are the same shows that have been rotated season to season for the past few years.... Their new ones are most likely Antenna-TV tired Nick-at-Nite throw-aways ...

MeTV aint as good as it was and I expect it will be gone soon from all cable providers

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
                            If worse comes to worse Sharry you aren't really missing anything ... Most of MeTV's shows are the same shows that have been rotated season to season for the past few years.... Their new ones are most likely Antenna-TV tired Nick-at-Nite throw-aways ...

MeTV aint as good as it was and I expect it will be gone soon from all cable providers
                            But I miss SVENGOOLIE!!!
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

I liked SVENGOOLIE when MeTV first aired them, but lately it's like --- meh

Have you ever seen Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) ?

If not search youtube and you'll be crazy happy

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎