X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Cornelius POTA
    Where was it in Florida ? Mego Meet 2017 Florida ? how did I miss this?
    In all sincerity, couple of us actually did arrange to meet up at Star Wars Celebration in 2017, and we shared a couple of meals and had great conversation. Which is exactly in the spirit of what Mego Meet and the Mego Museum are all about. It is about friends getting together because they are enthusiastic about their shared interests.

The rest of it... dealer room, presentations, making customs, pizza party, etc. are all nice, but the secret to a successful gathering is giving people here a nice excuse to hang out together.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Brue
      User without title
      • Sep 29, 2005

A very small exhibit space. But very cool. And the library of historical comics are archived and can't just be taken out. Sullivant hall is next to the Wexner Center for the Arts which is a worthwhile contemporary art museum visit. https://wexarts.org

Originally posted by samurainoir
      I just found out there is going to be a Mad Magazine exhibit in Columbus! I'm assuming there is a small exhibit space at the University.

Dates/Times
      May 5, 2018 - October 21, 2018
      Robinson Gallery, Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
      Sullivant Hall, 1813 N. High St.
      Columbus OH 43210

Comment

• Duncan
        Museum focus-groupie
        • Jun 27, 2009

Looks like this will be a big yardsale weekend. Also, there's a comic con in Dayton on Sun, though I don't know much about it.

And I think it's worth mentioning that we have a good drive-in theater in the south side of Columbus.
        Last edited by Duncan; May 31, '18, 7:52 AM.

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by Duncan
          Looks like this will be a big yardsale weekend. Also, there's a comic con in Dayton on Sun, though I doubt it'll be great.

And I think it's worth mentioning that we have a good drive-in theater in the south side of Columbus.
          The Jim & Dan show at Wright State on Sunday is one of my favorite smaller shows. Lots of good dealers and a good mix of vintage to modern comics and toys, plus lots of good local indy creators.
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Duncan
            Museum focus-groupie
            • Jun 27, 2009

Thanks. I haven't been there before.

Comment

• MRP
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 19, 2016

Here's the ad for the show for anyone heading back that way on Sunday that might be interested...

and here's the FB page for the show (it's a quarterly show) https://www.facebook.com/jimdancomic...Dkymik&fref=nf

If anyone is stopping by, I'll be there (I am delivering some stuff to a dealer friend of mine that morning) if anyone wants to say hi drop me a line.

-M
              "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• hobub
                Ghost of a Dead Indian
                • Jun 18, 2001

Originally posted by palitoy
                Like every Mego Meet, I'll need to know where the red light district is and the nearest Singer Sewing Center.
                Dang, late to this thread. Been on the road. I’d have recommended Scores.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎