Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Teemu
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 15, 2010

Yep, just as expected. seasonal pop-up stores and will likely be in a limited fashion. There is no way they can sustain themselves all-year around.

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

TRU tried seasonal pop-ups and smaller plaza stores, it didn't help them much.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

I'm trying to be optimistic. Even the worse case scenario of having KB return as only as yearly pop up is better than no toy stores at all. I still do hope that some locations will be profitable enough to be converted to year round stores.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Werewolf
          Inhuman
          • Jul 14, 2003

It's beginning to sound very promising.

You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I must be the only one that liked the TRU pop up store. Maybe it's because that's where I found the second wave of Mattel's DC Retro figures when they came out way back then and not at a regular TRU.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
              valar morghulis
              • Mar 8, 2005

My local dead mall had a large seasonal toy store for two or three yrs, I think it was run by "Go!" The same company that runs the seasonal calendar stores..

But my mall got too dead to even support seasonal stores..

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

All they are going to do is carry older merchandise (that's been sitting in a warehouse rotting away) that nobody will want. Been there,done that. TRU Express stores tried to be like KB and failed. Now,they want to revive something that went bankrupt using the sale selling method (selling non current toys at discount). A true toy store carries NEW things by manufacturers that people WILL want and considering most malls are dead throughout the year,there is no way they will be able to do permanent KB stores.

Comment

• Werewolf
                  Inhuman
                  • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  I must be the only one that liked the TRU pop up store.
                  Never had the Toys R Us express stores in my area but they looked like nice enough stores. I would have shopped there.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                    I must be the only one that liked the TRU pop up store. Maybe it's because that's where I found the second wave of Mattel's DC Retro figures when they came out way back then and not at a regular TRU.
                    Me, too and Imaginext exclusives as well.
                    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Werewolf
                      Inhuman
                      • Jul 14, 2003

New interview with Ellia Kassoff, the fellow behind the Kaybee toys revival. He sounds really passionate about it. It's very exciting.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎