• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jrfjr126rock
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 23, 2008

DST Exclusives on Mattel Bodies?

Hi Guys,

This has probably been asked before but do DST Retro Marvel heads fit well on Mattel bodies? Also anyone tried to fit the clothes too?

I kind of preferred the Mattel Retro Action molds but Deadpool is my favorite and wanted to see if I could convert it.
  • CrimsonGhost
    Often invisible
    • Jul 18, 2002

I'm sure you can get the heads to work, but it might not be as easy as just popping the old one off and the new one on. I doubt the hands will work however I've seen people replace the entire forearm so that could take care of that problem.
    I think it could work but it could also be a bit tricky.
    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jayraytee
      Career Member
      • May 27, 2011

The heads don't come off easily from the floppy mattel retro action body, they actually have a hard plastic peg inside the neck plug so it doesn't collapse and pull out like a normal mego head. If you don't care about the retro action head then I think I'd just cut it off and the other mego-like head would probably pop in, never tried it. I actually went the other way around and broke the floppy retro action body apart to get the heads off and put the heads and costume on a type S body. That works extremely well, my son has several figures he plays with like that. I would think the DST suits would probably be baggy on a mattel retro action body, they are sort of thin and gangly. But the mattel retro action suit stretches and can work well on a larger body like a type S.
      My posts were needlessly deleted ...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I've had success boiling a Mattel head to get it to come off, but not only is there a plastic plug holding it in, but that plug has also been glued to the head so it takes some work.
        I hope you try it, I'm curious to see the results!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎