Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain_Mego
    Vet.
    • May 22, 2007

I don't post much anymore but this is Captain Mego calling out to Russ one last time. Russ was a close friend and brother to me for many years. We spent countless hours on the phone for many years talking about customs trading ideas and experimenting with plastics and polymers. I loved the guy dearly and will miss him deeply. It breaks my heart to loose him. He brought so much to the customizing world. I know not everyone loved Russ. And Derek is right he was polarizing and may have over promised too much sometimes and that is a shame for sure. But if Russ called you friend you had no better friend indeed. I assure you he brought a lot to the customs world. Without him the custom world would look a lot different than it does today. He opened up the imagination and possibilities for so many. I love ya Buddy. It breaks my heart that your gone. Rip Russ sincerely Captain Mego

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

any custom of mine that has ever had the pleasure of being added to someone's permanent collection is a small way of contributing to someone's happiness and leaving a piece of you behind.
      I sure hope Russ' family understands exactly what he left behind to customizers - and what he has in his lab. Some serious history sitting in there.

Comment

• boss
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 18, 2003

Sad news indeed.
        Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

I am just one of the people whom he ripped off (sent him stuff to be shrunk or enlarged and never got their figures or a cast of the head back)...but I certainly didn't wish this on him. 49 is way to young to die.
          sigpic

Comment

• Mego Milk
            Custom Mego Maker
            • Jun 3, 2007

Thank you for the hours of Mego Fun, Mr. Pittman.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

My condolences to his friends and family. Far too young.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• dcohendmd
                • Jan 20, 2014

As a new customizer - I had only recently "met" Russel thru his awesome "deadpoolcustoms" Ebay page. I was very satisfied with his products. It sad that I recently spoke with him (a day or so before he died) about a pending order I had with him...so sad to loose a good guy and a big blow to the mego customs world -- his products were of good quality and quantity !

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎