X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rykerw1701
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 27, 2007

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
    On all the posters, magazines, etc., it seems that NONE of the CHARACTERS are wearing the mask or helmet one might associate with said CHARACTER. Instead, we have IRON STARK, SPIDER-PARKER and BLACK T’CHALLA in addition to a maskless CAPTAIN ROGERS, so I don’t think only Evans’ ego is the one in question. I think everyone knows who’s playing everyone at this point and I think the MCU is in serious peril of ego overload. I want to see the CHARACTERS I grew up with, not the actors playing them...

I wouldn't doubt that with all the success the MCU movies have had, the actor's egos have become enormous. But with that comes demands for higher paychecks, which the studies hate even more than big egos.

But in all fairness, I think part of the reason they remove the masks so much is that the masks hide a lot of the emotion an actor can portray. By its nature a mask conceals, and that makes it harder to see angst and joy and what not in the characters as they battle or do whatever heroes do. This isn't a new thing. You'll recall Keaton in a very earnest moment ripping of his cowl talking to Catwoman near the end of Batman Returns, and Toby McGuire had his mask off more than on in his three Spider-Man movies.

From a producer standpoint, keeping the masks on is better because then it's Iron Man, not Tony Stark in the movie and you can keep Iron Man going forever. But they go along with the maskless avengers for the creative points above.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

If it wasn’t for the Guardians of the Galaxy gang and Thanos (who also will be helmet-less for most of the movie)...I’d pass on Infinity Wars.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
        On all the posters, magazines, etc., it seems that NONE of the CHARACTERS are wearing the mask or helmet one might associate with said CHARACTER. Instead, we have IRON STARK, SPIDER-PARKER and BLACK T’CHALLA in addition to a maskless CAPTAIN ROGERS, so I don’t think only Evans’ ego is the one in question. I think everyone knows who’s playing everyone at this point and I think the MCU is in serious peril of ego overload. I want to see the CHARACTERS I grew up with, not the actors playing them...
        I didn’t mention Robert Downey’s massive ego because he’s already a Hall of Famer at that, lol...
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎