Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

My memories of TRU center around shopping for my children. For my daughter who is 24 now, I can remember looking for Furbies and the latest Bratz dolls and vehicles. For my later batch of offspring, Thomas the Tank Engine and Imaginext gave way to Star Wars and Lego, and later Nerf and video games.

A couple of aisles at Target will never replace a toy store.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
      A couple of aisles at Target will never replace a toy store.
      very sad and true. future generations of kids will not know the joy of walking into an enormous store of joy

Comment

• starsky
        veteran member
        • Aug 26, 2007

one of my first jobs was at toys r us. loved stocking aisle 7C!

Comment

• tllgn
          Persistent Member
          • Feb 6, 2010

How i remember tots r us wow .here in port ore we didnt get a toys r us till 1980 .of course at that time before it opened ,toys where carried at K-mart
          Jc penny ,JJ newberrys ,Woolworths ,Fred meyer ,Payless .Bazar Meyer and franks,pay n pak ,sears ,wards .KB toys,GI joes K-mart etc .the list goes on ,and so i had most of my mego figures already .by 1980 you didnt see to many mego figures anymore .then toys r us opened -and wow were their megos .End caps of marvel and Dc superheros ,i found the teen titans ,and the mad monsters,western figures (havent seen those in a couple years by then) they also had some jonny action war figures,they had dukes chips and lots of the small figures from black hole to love boat ,Cher dolls up the behind ,and starsky and hutch figures for only 97 cents a pop,first time i ever so huggy bear,dobey and chopper ,the fonze was only 97 cents also ,it was amazing ,i bought a lot of megos there .and it was the biggest star wars display i ever saw at any store .i always kept going back to toys r us over the decades ,in the 90s i took photos of some figure displays .portland had four stores here at its peek .but the best one was the first ,sad to hear about them closeing .i was just there a month ago .

Comment

• tllgn
            Persistent Member
            • Feb 6, 2010

TOYS R uS ,thanks for the memories

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡