• Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by C.H.O.A.M.
    reddit??? really?

let's just say " to each their own" and leave it at that
    Oh, BTW, nothing against your opinion, my friend. My ire and rants are all directed at Patsy...I hated her as much as I hated/hate Jar Jar Binks. So please forgive me my friend...my wrath is directed at her, and only her. Not remotely you...but apologies if you took issue with my rants...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

I apologize to Rachael Taylor, the actress playing Patsy...she’s a nice gal...here she is with Krysten Ritter...

I just hate her fictional Patsy character...

sigpic

Comment

• Madcap70
        • Dec 4, 2017

Originally posted by Brue
        OK I skipped to the last episode because I couldn't watch the series but wanted closure. It was painful to watch that episode.

What happened? Did they get a new worse writing team, director and producer? Was there just nothing left to tell? I mean she is a more recent character who is definitely not an A lister, so maybe they just didn't have material to work with.
        What show do you like?? You really are down on almost all of them but you continue to watch them?

And how many people actually KNOW or follow the source material? Jessica's mother was in the comics...And Patsy was a more modern take on the character instead of the clean cut "good Girl" of the 1940's...If people wanted that character that wouldn't fly today...

At least we are getting Hellcat that's a plus...
        Last edited by Madcap70; Mar 30, '18, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Brue
          User without title
          • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by Madcap70
          What show do you like?? You really are down on almost all of them but you continue to watch them?

And how many people actually KNOW or follow the source material? Jessica's mother was in the comics...And Patsy was a more modern take on the character instead of the clean cut "good Girl" of the 1940's...If people wanted that character that wouldn't fly today...

At least we are getting Hellcat that's a plus...
          Not sure what gave you the impression I don't like the Netflix marvel series.

I really liked DD season 1 and JJ season 1. I liked Luke Cage a lot. I liked Iron Fist, Defenders, and DD season 2.
          The only ones I didn't like were Punisher and JJ season 2.

And of the lot - I only know their pre-2000 comic stories. So that pretty much leaves Jessica out.
          Last edited by Brue; Apr 1, '18, 1:01 PM.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
            learning all the time
            • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
            Oh, BTW, nothing against your opinion, my friend. My ire and rants are all directed at Patsy...I hated her as much as I hated/hate Jar Jar Binks. So please forgive me my friend...my wrath is directed at her, and only her. Not remotely you...but apologies if you took issue with my rants...

it's all good. (as much as Jar Jar??? wow, you must realllllllllly hate her!)
            I actually thought the 2nd link in your reply was pretty interesting.
            Patsy went off the rails and it was fun to watch. I liked how intense and angry she got. the mother character was kinda creepy so I couldn't really get behind her but the actress who played her was good. it also seemed they got rid of Simpson too quickly.
            I never even heard of JJ until netflix announced her show. my comic book knowledge pretty much ends where I stopped buying comics in 1979 or so.
            so is this Hellcat character Patsy?

Comment

• WannabeMego
              Made in the USA
              • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by WannabeMego
              My Only 'issue', and it's minor, is Patsy Walker.
              Yup...The Character Patsy needs to 'Go-Away' or be entirely re-written...the words: cliche & pathetic come to mind.
              Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Madcap70
                • Dec 4, 2017

Patsy went off the rails and it was fun to watch. I liked how intense and angry she got. the mother character was kinda creepy so I couldn't really get behind her but the actress who played her was good. it also seemed they got rid of Simpson too quickly.
                I never even heard of JJ until netflix announced her show. my comic book knowledge pretty much ends where I stopped buying comics in 1979 or so.
                You don't remember her?? This book was from the mid 1970's

Comment

• Brue
                  User without title
                  • Sep 29, 2005

Hellcat first appeared in the 40's. Jessica Jones not until 2001.
                  Hellcat was never an A lister -or B lister. More of an also ran character. she was briefly in the defenders, so her inclusion in the netflix verse makes sense. too bad they mad the alter ego soooo annoying.

Comment

• WannabeMego
                    Made in the USA
                    • May 2, 2003

Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                      Master of Fowl Play
                      • Jun 5, 2008

IIRC, the Cat (an attempt at a feminist heroine) appeared first in a short-lived title and later morphed into Tigra. Patsy was originally a romance comics character and was modernized into Hellcat. She was indeed a Defender and married to Daimon Hellstrom, the Son of Satan.
                      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
                        learning all the time
                        • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by Madcap70
                        You don't remember her?? This book was from the mid 1970's

ahh ok, now the Cat looks familiar, I never would've made the connection to Hellcat though. Tigra I know from a wwbn giant size or something.
                        and to be honest, when I was really little I read avengers, jla, bats, supes, cap, spidey... then as I got older it was mostly just spidey.
                        until the "giving away all my comics to an old friend because I thought I was too old for them" tragedy of 1980

Comment

• Madcap70
                          • Dec 4, 2017

ahh ok, now the Cat looks familiar, I never would've made the connection to Hellcat though. Tigra I know from a wwbn giant size or something.
                          and to be honest, when I was really little I read avengers, jla, bats, supes, cap, spidey... then as I got older it was mostly just spidey.
                          until the "giving away all my comics to an old friend because I thought I was too old for them" tragedy of 1980
                          That other comic that got posted was "The Cat" Not Hellcat the Cat is the one that became Tigra...

Comment

• Hector
                            el Hombre de Acero
                            • May 19, 2003

I never read Hellcat...but knew going in that she was going to morph into that character.

I kinda get what you say about Patsy. Although she was annoying, I do admit she was a complexed character...not a one note predictable role, dancing between good and bad...so I’ll give you props for that observation...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎