Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stan Lee has apparently fallen on hard times?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

If I were running a comic con, I would respectfully refuse him being a guest at this point, and I would tell his "handlers" why. I would tell them "You may want to exploit this poor old man, but I do not.". If enough big cons did it, it would dry up at least one avenue of their despicable cash grab.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

I am hearing internet rumors that Kevin Smith has invited Stan Lee to live with him.

Comment

• libby 1957dog
        Persistent Member
        • Sep 3, 2009

At Marvel in New York in the '60s, he created the comic book characters that dominate the box office today. But at 95 and reeling from his wife’s death and a fight with his daughter, Lee stands at the center of a nasty battle for his care (and estate) as one friend pleads for help: "He's in need of a superhero himself."

more sad reading with a alleged possible new heir and what look to me to be hostage type videos , and j.c.s plan to own marvel thrown in the mix

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Dan Greenfield on 13th Dimension agrees that conventions should stop booking Lee to cut these vultures off.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Makernaut
            Persistent Member
            • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Hedji
            I am hearing internet rumors that Kevin Smith has invited Stan Lee to live with him.
            I saw a news article to that effect that included a tweet from Kevin Smith where he did invite Stan to either come live with him or let him coordinate an effort to get Stan into some environment other than the one he is now in.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
              Muddling through
              • Oct 4, 2008

what a terrible way for Stan to spend his final days. Sounds like his daughter is involved in this in some way too, even if only as a pawn in the mix. hopefully someone will step in with all the publicity this is now getting

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

“Lee doesn’t need the money. His estate is believed to be in the $50 million to $70 million range, according to the THR report.”

So why is Kevin Smith inviting Lee to stay at his house and saying fans should collect money to get him a home?
                sigpic

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

yeah, and wasn't there recently a story about all his money being stolen. like everything there is a lot of misinformation going around. we probably won't know the truth until long after he is gone. it's sad that his daughter, who is pretty much a senior citizen herself, is apparently not capable of making rational financial decisions

Comment

• johnnystorm
                    Hot Child in the City
                    • Jul 3, 2008

I had always been under the belief Stan and his daughter were close... This is the first I'm hearing about what kind of person she seems to be.
                    Sadly, unless someone steps in, takes charge, and cleans house, Stan is going to bounce around like a rag doll between one manipulating schemer to another. And I think when he does pass on, his daughter will find she has nothing, that it's all grabbed up by one lawyer or another.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

while he certainly seems to have his faculties in that video, I can't help but feel he is being pushed to make such a video, I still think there is something shady going on and that he is being taken advantage of. I hope for his sake I am wrong. No one deserves to be treated like a cash cow

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Yeah that's essentially a hostage video.

It's not like they need to put a gun to his head to do it. They take care of him and convince him that everyone else is out to get him. He's too frail to realize he's in that bubble and thus, there's no escape. Very sad.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Jan 19, 2008

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                              HULK SMASH!
                              • Apr 3, 2010

Been following all this for a while now and it's deeply, profoundly disturbing.
                              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Marvelmania
                                A Ray of Sunshine
                                • Jun 17, 2001

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                If I were running a comic con, I would respectfully refuse him being a guest at this point, and I would tell his "handlers" why. I would tell them "You may want to exploit this poor old man, but I do not.". If enough big cons did it, it would dry up at least one avenue of their despicable cash grab.

Chris
                                This ^^^. I certainly don't want to remember him like this. It's beyond sad when anyone of this age is taken advantage of and only as a cash cow in the end.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎