Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stan Lee has apparently fallen on hard times?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • danadoll
    Micronaut Nut!
    • Apr 11, 2005

Those videos are so sad...especially the comic con video. He must be so exhausted after hours and hours there.
    "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

No matter what the truth is, it's all just disheartening to see.

Even if he's content and well taken care of, that con footage shows he doesn't have the wear with all to maintain appearances of that nature.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• hedrap
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 10, 2009

Last fall, when I saw he was booked for WizardWorld Cleveland - which is in February - I knew something was wrong financially. At his age, that trip and climate could literally kill him.

At this point I kinda assume Iger and Disney are quietly involved bts. If he dies in this morass while Infinity War breaks every record, the Disney ownership of Marvel will be tarnished and start a new wave of "101 creators that Disney exploited and left to die" articles.

Comment

• comicmike
          Persistent Member
          • Sep 22, 2009

It felt hard to watch
          Last edited by comicmike; Apr 16, '18, 6:11 PM.

Comment

• Hedji
            Citizen of Gotham
            • Nov 17, 2012

Originally posted by hedrap
            At this point I kinda assume Iger and Disney are quietly involved bts. If he dies in this morass while Infinity War breaks every record, the Disney ownership of Marvel will be tarnished and start a new wave of "101 creators that Disney exploited and left to die" articles.
            Kinda makes the idea of Lee filming rapid fire cameos for the next dozen Marvel Studios movies less palatable, doesn't it? Let's hope those were done under better circumstances.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Stan is now apparently suing Pow! Entertainment...

The Spider-Man co-creator accuses the company of taking advantage of his degenerative eye condition.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• WannabeMego
                Made in the USA
                • May 2, 2003

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                Stan is now apparently suing Pow! Entertainment...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44137839
                Personally...I find it extremely hard to believe that Stan would willingly/knowingly sign away his creative properties, his name, & likeness given his personal experience dealing with exactly those issues that Artists, Writers, & Creators had in the industry working for DC and/or Marvel.
                Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

Temporary restraining order issued against Keya Morgan.

A temporary restraining order has been issued against the 95-year-old's manager.
                  PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

One can only hope he's kept away from that guy. Who at the VERY LEAST is pushing for Stan to do more than he should in his condition.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Apparently, Stan has now dropped the lawsuit against POW! Entertainment.

Stan Lee drops a lawsuit against POW! Entertainment, which he allegedly filed while under the influence of a memorabilia collector

And a judge has apparently dismissed the restraining order against Keya Morgan.

Attorney Tom Lallas said he appeared in court to argue for a permanent restraining order against Keya Morgan, who had inserted himself into Lee’s affairs.

Linda Sanchez, Lee’s former nurse and in-home caregiver, said she witnessed verbal abuse and financial manipulation, both by Morgan as well as by Lee’s 68-year-old daughter, JC Lee, whom the father describes as “a vulnerable woman” who is “an easy target for predators.”

Sanchez says JC “screams terrible, abusive things at her father” and blames him for her problems. The nurse also says that, although she has not witnessed direct physical abuse, “I have noted numerous bruises to the right side of Mr. Lee’s body which were unexplained.”

“Mr. Lee has told me privately that he is giving up, after his daily harassment, and that he believes he has nothing left to live for but to ‘go to sleep’ and ‘die,’ ” Sanchez said in her testimony. “As a result of everything described above, Mr. Lee falls into very dark and depressed moods because he doesn’t have the strength or will to fight anymore.”

The legal documents claim Morgan took control of Lee’s business affairs and personal life in February and isolated him from the people Lee was closest to and trusted the most, including his executive assistant of 20 years Michael Kelly.

“I called Mr. Lee to arrange to meet with him but was told by Morgan that he would not come to his office at POW! and I would be required to come to his home,” Kelly said. “I went to his home to meet with him and Morgan and a bodyguard named Leo were present throughout my meeting with Mr. Lee … I was not allowed to meet with Mr. Lee privately.”

Lallas alleges Lee was held hostage in his own home. Morgan hired a security guard to block access to the Oriole Way residence, changed all of Lee’s phone numbers and tightly controlled his communications. “I was not permitted to meet or speak with Mr. Lee,” Lallas said. “The Morgan group also took control of all email communications.”
                      Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jul 10, '18, 7:30 AM.
                      PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                        HULK SMASH!
                        • Apr 3, 2010

Pow! Entertainment have regained control of Stan's social media pages.
                        As a result, there's a new video in which Stan says he's back...

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• hedrap
                          Permanent Member
                          • Feb 10, 2009

There's a small video where he talks about the passing of Ditko. Hard to watch. It's example A why guys like Moore, Hackman and Connery decided to retire from the public eye.When you add in the serious drama his life has become, it's sad.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                            Master of Fowl Play
                            • Jun 5, 2008

I think I know what you mean. Part of it is because we've cemented pop-culture icons in a certain way in our minds, and the progression of age--with its confirmation of mortality--can come as a shock.

I recall seeing Vincent Price in Edward Scissorhands. I was so pleased with his role but it was sad, too. And the shortly thereafter when he was inducted into the Horror Hall of Fame, he was too frail to attend and Roddy McDowall, bless him, presented the award to Price at home. It was touching but made me realize I was going to lose someone who's persona and performances had become an important part of my life.
                            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎