X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

The Third Doctor, anew

I was thinking today of Jon Pertwee, my favorite Doctor, and how much I'd like to see those episodes again. It's been 27 years...

But I was also thinking about how enjoyable it would be to see his son Sean essay the Third Doctor in a reunion on the current show. He looks so like his father. There are a lot of Who fans here, what do you think? Would he even be interested? I think it would be a wonderful homage.
    Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 11, '18, 8:40 PM.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Bruce Banner
    HULK SMASH!
    • Apr 3, 2010

The resemblance is strong. It would be great if he could appear as the Third Doctor at some point.
    (They apparently asked him a few years ago, but unfortunately he was too busy to do it.)

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

that would be awesome

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I would totally be down for that! My favorite of the original Doctors.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
          live. laugh. lisa needs braces
          • Jun 16, 2001

Pertwee was my first Doctor as a kid, so yeah I'd love to see him get tribute. It's kind of weird how his popularity gets eclipsed by Baker.

His popularity brought the series new life.
          Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
          http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Always loved Pertwee

He was just so likable and didn't have that aloof alien "i'm better than you" or "my sh_t don't stink" attitude most other Doctors had/have.

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

OMG that photoshopped image is terrific! Thank you for sharing it.
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• PNGwynne
                Master of Fowl Play
                • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                His popularity brought the series new life.
                I loved the tone of his episodes, and Jo and the Brigadier. And mostly earthbound IIRC, that was fresh. I watched Baker and Davidson first and didn't discover Pertwee until I was in college (different PBS station). The difference was striking and I was hooked.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 16, 2014

I didn't like the Pertwee Era when I first watched it as a kid, I gave it a go but was out by Inferno. Now I finally watched all of his seasons on BritBox and I have to say he may be my favorite Doctor, over Baker, Tennant all of them.
                  He has to be the biggest Character of all the Doctors, pinky rings and perms!
                  Last edited by Gadgeteer; Mar 12, '18, 7:55 PM. Reason: I had to reverse the polarity of the newton flow
                  sigpic

Comment

• Starroid Raiders Dagon
                    Persistent Member
                    • Apr 28, 2013

I believe that picture is of him dressing up as his father, the Doctor? It was few years back. Was hoping that might happen a few years back but the new Doctor Who isnt my thing, so it doesnt break my heart.
                    Last edited by Starroid Raiders Dagon; Mar 17, '18, 2:00 PM.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                        Veteran Member
                        • Apr 16, 2014

That picture is fantastic!
                        He'd be GREAT.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                          Career Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015

I am still ****ed that "Susan" has not been used considering, Capaldi said she should be on. I have hated the "NU" show since it came on, nothing like the classic series. Will Sean do it? Will see.

Comment

• Gadgeteer
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 16, 2014

Maybe Susan can meet up with her Grandmother in the new show.
                            sigpic

Comment

• danadoll
                              Micronaut Nut!
                              • Apr 11, 2005

I'd love to see Sean do a tribute appearance as his dad's Doctor. Jon is one of my favorites.

Dana
                              "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎