X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

YouTube rumor

Anyone else hear about the rumor that Jon Favreau is suppose to be doing a Star Wars series for Disney's streaming service?
  • MRP
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 19, 2016

According to Starwars.com http://www.starwars.com/news/jon-fav...ar-wars-series it's been officially announced, so not a rumor.

from the article:

Lucasfilm is excited to announce that Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau has signed on to executive produce and write a live-action Star Wars series for Disney’s new direct-to-consumer platform. Favreau is no stranger to the Star Wars galaxy having played roles in both the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series and in the upcoming Solo: A Star Wars Story.

“I couldn’t be more excited about Jon coming on board to produce and write for the new direct-to-consumer platform,” says Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy. “Jon brings the perfect mix of producing and writing talent, combined with a fluency in the Star Wars universe. This series will allow Jon the chance to work with a diverse group of writers and directors and give Lucasfilm the opportunity to build a robust talent base.”
    -M
    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

I'm going to be interested to see how this turns out because Favreau is a personal favorite of mine. He's one of those people that I enjoy seeing on the screen as an actor, seeing his name attached to a project wearing any number of the various hats he wears as part of the process, seeing in an interview, or listening to as a guest on a podcast. Just an all-around creative and likable Dude.

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

I had only asked because I usually get my Star Wars news from Star Wars Explained and he didn't have anything. The video was from someone else.

Comment

• The Bat
          Batman Fanatic
          • Jul 14, 2002

Favreau is a great choice, I trust him to do justice to the SW Universe.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎