X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

What mego are you "obsessed" with?

What Mego are you fixated on, have collected multiples of, etc.?

For me, it's Catwoman and Green Arrow--I've bought several of each, trying to find unfaded costumes.

I know a collector here who has perhaps 30 Mego Spidey figures, and that made me curious about collecting habits or preferences.
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.
  • Ivaniski
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 24, 2007

He was my first Mego and to date the one I have about 10 of......RC Batman. Absolutely Luv him.

Comment

• Confessional
      Maker & Whatnot
      • Aug 8, 2012

By quantity alone, Soldier Apes!

I have about 50 unique specimens… the more I search the planet, the more undocumented and oddball variants emerge.

Comment

• JediJaida
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 14, 2008

Dinah mite and her variants. Especially the Rood Speel supergirl from Europe. The face is a bit bland, but the construction is excellent.
        JediJaida

Comment

• Makernaut
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 22, 2015

Green Arrow. I love the figure (more than the comic book character) and since there are high-quality repro parts available (and have been for about 10 or 12 years, now) , I went through a phase of cleaning up, fixing up, and completing stray ones I could find on eBay. A "Green Arrow Rescue", as it were.

These days, one could do the same thing with Iron Man. Not quite with Thor. Might have been just as obsessive with either of those two had the parts been as good or as easily obtained when I was in that phase.
          Last edited by Makernaut; Mar 9, '18, 10:52 PM.

Comment

• PNGwynne
            Master of Fowl Play
            • Jun 5, 2008

^I have a vintage GA, an FTC GA, and a hybrid Doc Mego/Mattel GA. I like him, too!
            WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

^ He really is the high-point of Mego "in full stride", don't ya' think? Kind of like how car folks with a Chevy bias feel about the Chevy Bel Air from 1955-1957.
              Last edited by Makernaut; Mar 9, '18, 11:36 PM.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                Eloquent Member
                • Jan 19, 2008

I think I might have more than one Spidey figure...

Comment

• scoth70
                  Persistent Member
                  • Oct 17, 2008

I wouldn't say im obsessed with action jasckson but he is the mego I have most figures of in my collection boxed and loose

Comment

• PNGwynne
                    Master of Fowl Play
                    • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    Dinah mite and her variants. Especially the Rood Speel supergirl from Europe. The face is a bit bland, but the construction is excellent.
                    I'd intended on getting a Rood for a custom, but then I nabbed a spa Dinah.

Comment

• ScottA
                      Original Member
                      • Jun 25, 2001

I seem to have more figures of Robin loose, boxed and carded for some reason.
                      sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

I bet you even have a nice Ledy version. I never got into a lot of variants, I picked one version I liked and stuck with it--though I do have both Mxy Sculpts.

But there is something very satisfying about seeing a variant grouping of all one character.
                        Last edited by PNGwynne; Mar 11, '18, 4:46 PM.

Comment

• ScottA
                          Original Member
                          • Jun 25, 2001

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          I bet you even have a nice Ledy version. I never got into a lot of variants, I picked one version I liked and stuck with it--though I do have both Mxy Sculpts.

But there is something very satisfying about seeing a variant grouping of all one character.
                          I am actually looking for a mint Ledy Robin is anyone has one for sale.
                          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

I'm not sure which Mego I'm specifically obsessed with...I have multiple Batmen and Robins of course. And two Catwomen for costume differences. I guess Batman related-stuff in general? But that's my life, pretty much.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

I'm not obsessed with any Megos, but I guess I have more different kinds of Mego Spideys and Supermans compared to other characters.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎